+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2282 - LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT REVIEW. PLEASE HELP! HELP!!

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
Hey all I need help. please review this reference letter and tell me if you feel its good enough for NOC-2282 under CEC.

I just recently cancelled a common law sponsorship application (THINGS DIDNT WORK OUT) and i intend to apply outland under the Canadian experience class category.

I believe I qualify under the --NOC- 2282 - User support technicians.

I worked as a mobile tech support (blackberry - RIM) for an outsourcing company / I did some software/smartphone/blackberry enterprise troubleshooting for end users, service providers, and companys all over the world. i did use user guides known as knowledge base document to resolve issues. i was also on a support team to assist co-workers with troubleshooting.

I am VERY concern if I qualify under NOC 2282 and if this letter is good enough.
my employer referenced the NOC-2282 code in the reference letter as well. will that help or hurt??

let me know what you think please. I HAD MY EMPLOYER REWRITE THIS

"this letter is to verify that xxxxxxxxx was an employee of xxxxxxxxxxxx as a technical Support Consultant (NOC:2282), and worked for the company from march 12 2010 through august 21, 2012

In this role, xxxxxx routinely performed the following duties and responsibilities:

•Communicated electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced. This included but was not limited to:
- Answering phones and responding to customer requests
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions, as trained
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties, including providing product and service information,
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve basic to advanced technical concerns
- Document customer notes, reports and logs
•Collected, organized and maintained a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
•Met client contractual goals and metric with regards to providing the customer excellent service
•Other duties as assigned by management

as a full-time employee, xxxxxx was expected to work 35-44 hours per week at an hourly rate of xxxx which was paid bi-weekly

Should you require more information, do not hesitate to contact me"

is this helpful??? or not good enough???

Thank you all for your time.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Duties look good and match the NOC 2282. However, I'm missing the total annual salary, or if paid by hours make
sure you attach the latest t4 and noa.
Also make sure that the letter contains all required contact information and the position/title
of the person who wrote the letter.
You don't need to mention 'NOC 2282' in the letter.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
iam_toby said:
Duties look good and match the NOC 2282. However, I'm missing the total annual salary, or if paid by hours make
sure you attach the latest t4 and noa.
Also make sure that the letter contains all required contact information and the position/title
of the person who wrote the letter.
You don't need to mention 'NOC 2282' in the letter.

Thank you very much for your reply. My major concern is my duties matching the NOC-2282 exactly. I was more concerned on if that's a good or a bad thing. ?? my employer says they make their employment letters based on that site. In regards to my pay and salary, the letter did mention my hourly wage. which is 11.59 an hour. do you think that will be a problem?? I do have my t4 and option c (Canada revenue claims they no longer send notice of assessment. ??? idk why!!) I just have to get my language test done and my home country police clearance.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
phresh said:
Thank you very much for your reply. My major concern is my duties matching the NOC-2282 exactly. I was more concerned on if that's a good or a bad thing. ?? my employer says they make their employment letters based on that site. In regards to my pay and salary, the letter did mention my hourly wage. which is 11.59 an hour. do you think that will be a problem?? I do have my t4 and option c (Canada revenue claims they no longer send notice of assessment. ??? idk why!!) I just have to get my language test done and my home country police clearance.
I haven't checked the website. It is not recommended to copy/paste the duties, as this might look
like a 'fake'-position to the visa officer assessing your application.
I had my employer write my duties in this own words, but with the same meaning and background than the one
mentioned on HRSDC website.
Wage is fine, shouldn't affect the application. CRA still sends NOA for sure :) I got my 2012 NOA a few weeks ago.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
iam_toby said:
I haven't checked the website. It is not recommended to copy/paste the duties, as this might look
like a 'fake'-position to the visa officer assessing your application.
I had my employer write my duties in this own words, but with the same meaning and background than the one
mentioned on HRSDC website.
Wage is fine, shouldn't affect the application. CRA still sends NOA for sure :) I got my 2012 NOA a few weeks ago.

I agreed too. In regards to the duties, i did exactly everything in that letter. my only concern is just that. that it looks too similar to the noc 2282 duties. this is what the website outlined as duties of a "User support technicians" - NOC-2282

"User support technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

•Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
•Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
•Emulate or reproduce technical problems encountered by users
•Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
•Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
•Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
•Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
•May supervise other technical support workers in this group."

It kinda looks the same. so idk.

and these are the duties from my letter.

•Communicated electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced. This included but was not limited to:
- Answering phones and responding to customer requests
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions, as trained
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties, including providing product and service information,
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve basic to advanced technical concerns
- Document customer notes, reports and logs
•Collected, organized and maintained a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
•Met client contractual goals and metric with regards to providing the customer excellent service
•Other duties as assigned by management

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I would expand on 'Other duties as assigned by management', have someone name examples, like what
kind of duties. If not possible, letter looks good and duties match, but are not copied.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
Yeah!! that's what I was hoping for. to specify exactly what I did. but they said this is the most they can do. so I was hoping explaining my duties on the IMM008 will help. who knows.

I have another off topic question. In the Additional family information form IMM 5406 (04-2008) E, I am a bit confused on the section for spouse or common law partner. it asked for the name and information for spouse and common law (WHICH IS SECTION A) then at the bottom of that section it says "NOTE 1 - IF NO SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER IS LISTED IN SECTION A, READ AND SIGN BELOW....I CERTIFY THAT I DO NOT HAVE A SPOUSE OR A COMMON LAW PARTNER, EX-SPOUSE OR FORMER COMMON LAW PARTNER"...my problem is, I had a common law partner. so I am confused here! I don't know if I should write her name or leave it blank or sign. any ideas??

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
phresh said:
Yeah!! that's what I was hoping for. to specify exactly what I did. but they said this is the most they can do. so I was hoping explaining my duties on the IMM008 will help. who knows.

Or attach a letter explaining the situation. Or maybe your supervisor or someone else can write you a letter?

I have another off topic question. In the Additional family information form IMM 5406 (04-2008) E, I am a bit confused on the section for spouse or common law partner. it asked for the name and information for spouse and common law (WHICH IS SECTION A) then at the bottom of that section it says "NOTE 1 - IF NO SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER IS LISTED IN SECTION A, READ AND SIGN BELOW....I CERTIFY THAT I DO NOT HAVE A SPOUSE OR A COMMON LAW PARTNER, EX-SPOUSE OR FORMER COMMON LAW PARTNER"...my problem is, I had a common law partner. so I am confused here! I don't know if I should write her name or leave it blank or sign. any ideas??

You HAD or you HAVE? If you had one, leave it blank and sign the line where it says i certifu that i dont not have one. If your currently have one, fill it out.
Hope this helps.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
iam_toby said:
Hope this helps.
we broke up. so I have no common law partner. the problem with that is. if I sign then I am claiming I have NO former common law partner. A bit confused.

Also. I don't know if this will help to strengthen my letter of employment. At some point while I was working for this company. I got promoted temporarily to a higher support team for about 6 months and it also shows my salary was increased and I also have a training agreement document for an apprenticeship. which basically shows an agreement that I will be trained for the technical support job in the ministry of training, colleges, and universities. you think I should include that??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
phresh said:
This trips up a lot of people. Sometimes I wonder if it's a reading test. :)

Like you, I couldn't fill in information for a spouse, since I didn't have one, but I couldn't sign the statement either because I have an ex-spouse. Instead of signing, I wrote "see attached" and then wrote an explanation that I couldn't sign it because I have an ex-spouse, provided the same details as requested on the form for my ex-spouse. I think I threw in a statement that I don't have a current spouse or common law partner, signed and dated it.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
jes_ON said:

Like you, I couldn't fill in information for a spouse, since I didn't have one, but I couldn't sign the statement either because I have an ex-spouse. Instead of signing, I wrote "see attached" and then wrote an explanation that I couldn't sign it because I have an ex-spouse, provided the same details as requested on the form for my ex-spouse. I think I threw in a statement that I don't have a current spouse or common law partner, signed and dated it.

I know right!! its a bit trippy

I think I will just do that and attach an explanation with it

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jes_ON said:

Second that! Sounds like a good idea. I would do exactly like jes_ON said.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
iam_toby said:
Second that! Sounds like a good idea. I would do exactly like jes_ON said.
I had one more question still unanswered tho. This letter of employment is the only documentation i have that can best describe my duties. All I can do is get supervisors to act as references. However, I have a (A YELLOW FORM) documentation which i signed when i got hired. the documentation is just a training agreement from the Ministry of training Colleges and Universities. I believe its my apprenticeship training agreement. please review, this is an idea of what it looks like. just wondering if its helpful or not??it pretty much says

""tittle - TRAINING AGREEMENT

This training agreement is made under the apprenticeship and certification act, 1998 (ACA) Between my employer and i (it also says technical support agent)

it says in accordance with the ACA and related regulations.
1 this contract is an agreement for work-place based training between the undersigned, provided in the approved training standard or schedule of training identified above.
2 The apprentice agrees to fulfill the requirements of the agreement and those of the approved apprenticeship program identified above
3. the sponsor agrees to fulfill the requirements of this agreement and maintain it status as a sponsor approved by the ministry.
4. A registered training agreement under ACA shall be considered completed when all the requirement for workplace based training, set out in the agreement, have been met, reported, documented in the prescribed manner.
5. A registered training agreement under ACA shall be considered completed when all the requirement for workplace based training, the curriculum standards and any other requirements of the approved apprenticeship program have been met, reported, and documented in the prescribed manner
6. Failure, by any party, to comply with any of the terms of this agreement, may result in a notice of suspend or revoke the registration of the registered agreement.

below

It has my signature, name, date. which is when i was employed in 2010

it has my employers signature (sponsor), employers name, and a signature of a witness.

it has an area for the ministry of training, colleges and university

a name stamped on the form, my sin number, and then its dated again

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Yes, if you can get another letter from one of the supervisors with duties, that would work.
The training agreement you posted does not contain any information about the duties and I would
no submit it.

phresh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22/07/2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
9/10/2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
29/04/2015
Med's Done....
5/05/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
7/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/07/2015
LANDED..........
8/12/2015
iam_toby said:
Yes, if you can get another letter from one of the supervisors with duties, that would work.
The training agreement you posted does not contain any information about the duties and I would
no submit it.

The only reason why i suggested this is because on the HRSDC website for NOC 2282. it says one of the employment requirement is

•Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

I was just thinking about adding that to help my case. but I see what you mean though. I will try to get another letter from management if possible. the supervisor only wants to act as a reference and will not write a letter.

On the check list it said you can add "working contracts", which I consider this to be...with that in mind I have another letter of a temporary promotion for a duration of six months that I was considering adding to my application. it has an important section in the agreement that's states ""This is a temporary contract as an ............ consultant within blackberry starting October 18 2011 and ending January 31,2012. Once temporary assignment is completed you will return to your original position and rate of pay, should we require an extension of of the assignment, another document will be issued, your promotion as a............... consultant is subject to 3 month probationary period during which time the RIM/Blackberry Program may, in its sole discretion, return to your original position and your previous level of compensation should you not meet the requirements of the position...You agree that if you are returned to you original position and your previous level of compensation such change will not constitute termination of your employment.....................some legal mumbo jumbo...........some legal mumbo jumbo.....................you are accepting full responsibility to commit a minmum of six months to this new position. if, for any reason, you would like to be considered for another position within six month period you will be required to submit authorized permission from both program and managers involved""

more mumbo jumbo

congratulation messages

managers name, position and company name and address.

my signature at the back.

will help or is it pointless?? my only fear is that this was a temp promotion.