+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2281, help needed!!!

gnar88

Jul 11, 2019
Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance for your help on this one:

One question I have is whether my job description matches the NOC 2281, kindly find my job description below and the NOC 2281 description:

Principal duties and responsibilities:

Service Delivery, 24x7 Support:

• Monitor and resolve second-level support requests. Escalate unresolved issues to senior team members and/or manager(s).
• Performs deep analysis of the operating system, dealing with system crashes, bug fixes; Handles troubleshooting, packet captures, configuration, restore from back up, repair for appliances, networks, infrastructure, and other system issues. Requires multiple interactions with client and/or vendor to resolve the issue.
• Perform root cause analysis and collaborate with Consultants and Analysts I to solve repetitive system performance or configuration problems.

Professional Development:
• Guide junior resources in the application of Forsythe methodologies and the use of tools and templates to troubleshoot client requests.
• Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by the Manager.

Additional Duties:
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.

NOC 2281 Job description:

Main duties

Computer network technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

• Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
  • Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
  • Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
  • Provide problem-solving services to network users
  • Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
  • Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
  • Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
  • Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
  • Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
  • Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software
  • Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
  • May supervise other workers in this group.
Thanks in advance for your help, in case it doesn't match what NOC do you suggest?