13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Hello Friends

Its been a while, Iv had things to do I cant hang out here every day like some people ;D
Any who, I'm sure you guys have noticed going all the way back to August of last year (in terms of speed sheets) that if your NOC code isn't 2174 your gonna be waiting more than 8 months friends!

All who have 2174 good for you!, its great that your applications are gonna be done in the 8 month window. But for the rest of us were gonna be looking at 13 months (which is stated on the CIC website, just to cover their ass's).

Sorry Iv gotta say it, this is BS. NOC 2174 is on the 'IN DEMAND' list for skilled workers but guys this is an FSW term. I wont be nice and say this is retarded, I'm gonna go as fare as saying its 'Demented'!.

High demand skilled jobs on the list should mean that applicants have to do FSW, which is what it was designed for. I'm sure some bright person will respond with ' But Suvan CEC is for skilled applicants too' errr I know but the CEC stream should be for skilled workers who DONT have a NOC code on 'the list'!

In affect this has screwed it up for everyone else!, now we don't get the chance to have our applications done in the 8 month window, which yes I know isn't the official processing time but we all know the trend is 8 months, come on guys.

So thanks to noc 2174, were looking at a year at least!. So guys scratch out your 8 month mark on your calendar, it aint happening!.

Sorry to offend fellow applicants with NOC 2174 but this system is getting on my nerves now.

Suvan

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
So I'm not sure how you can make such a general statement - yes while it may appear that 2174 is getting through a bit I quicker, there are other codes moving through too. Essentially though, no one will be told this officially from CIC and this forum makes up a variable percentage of applicants each month.

However, so what if 2174 is getting priority? I'm not 2174 but I understand that if a country has needs then it makes sense to respond accordingly to assist economic growth. Growth that I will benefit from as a PR. Of course from my own selfish perspective its frustrating, but I applaud Canada's ability to retain the talent they are short of. FSW is a less attractive route for many so why not prioritize across CEC too?

Where does this 8 months come from? The average on Trackitt is 298 days which is c. 10 months (which I take with a pinch of salt anyway). Why wouldn't CIC cover themselves? Under promise and over deliver - keeping in mind that this covers 80% of applicants

Everyone though, is entitled to their opinions: I'm sorry for your frustration

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
My Point is that this 'In Demand' Noc code should be done through its own stream, namely FSW. Don't forget there is the new Federal Skilled Trades stream now too. If your noc is 'On the list' as we are seeing preference being given to them on CEC, so is the same on the FSW stream.
This in affect would speed up the process for other noc codes on CEC. There needs to be some organisation here, its all over the place. Too much randomness!. Many applicants think there app will take 8 months to go through, I was just making the point that they shouldn't set themselves up for a big fall, better say its gonna take 13 months, if any quicker then its a bonus.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suvan said:
My Point is that this 'In Demand' Noc code should be done through its own stream, namely FSW. Don't forget there is the new Federal Skilled Trades stream now too. If your noc is 'On the list' as we are seeing preference being given to them on CEC, so is the same on the FSW stream.
This in affect would speed up the process for other noc codes on CEC. There needs to be some organisation here, its all over the place. Too much randomness!. Many applicants think there app will take 8 months to go through, I was just making the point that they shouldn't set themselves up for a big fall, better say its gonna take 13 months, if any quicker then its a bonus.
Suvan,

You only seem to comment to complain, which is pretty depressing. I appreciate that you may be frustrated, but as you are only a 2013 applicant, it's a bit early.

The immigration system is (or should be) designed to deal with the needs of the country. So, if they are prioritizing 2174 applicants, good on them! "In demand" occupations are people they need in the country, if they already have people in the country doing the jobs applying for PR through CEC, it's very logical that they would prioritize them where possible, instead of solely relying on FSW applicants (who they don't necessarily know can integrate into Canadian society). If they choose to prioritize all occupations on this list, I have no issue with it, as it's what the country needs!

I disagree with you regarding processing patterns - your statement is too general and looking at the data from Aug 2012 - present, it really isn't obvious or evident that all 2174 applicants have been prioritized.

Maybe it would be more helpful, for everyone, if you could use your limited time on here trying to help out existing or perspective applicants, instead of rambling on about what you think isn't right?

The facts are some cases may be prioritized, some security screenings may take longer than others, some family checks (kids etc) may need to be more extensive and some background/work checks may need to be a lot more thorough than others...

If you really dislike it that much why don't you go try to immigrate to the USA? We can discuss your PR/GC progress in about 10 years from now!

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Haha JSM how did I know ud reply with a response like that, im sure there are some people that agree with me. You can see on the spread sheets its always 2174. Poor applicants from August 2012 without this NOC code are still waiting MR.

The main point I was making is, that all none 2174 applicants will be waiting a year for sure. As they say on the website 13 months

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suvan said:
Haha JSM how did I know ud reply with a response like that, im sure there are some people that agree with me. You can see on the spread sheets its always 2174. Poor applicants from August 2012 without this NOC code are still waiting MR.

The main point I was making is, that all none 2174 applicants will be waiting a year for sure. As they say on the website 13 months
What's your NOC code Suvan?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is only around 5 PPR/Landings for Aug 2012 and 1 of them is 2174???

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Mine is 0621, Look at September up to January you will see, ok maybe not many in August. It is the trend, you can plainly see it. im
Sure there are some management nocs that haven't received MR for August, so im preparing myself for the 13 wait, what ya gonna do?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
suvan said:
Why should "in demand" be done through FSW? That program takes longer. Cec is aimed at those already integrated into the country and CIC cannot force groups to apply via various routes.
The government is being reactive to the skills shortage -next year it might be a different noc/skill that is deems lacking.
No where does CIC say 8 months so people's expectations should go with what CIc guidelines say rather than make up false hope like you are.

As JSM says, your negativity towards this is bad. You are moaning because something isn't going your way. You applied recently - things might well be different when your processing actually gets somewhere. I can't see how you are moaning when your application is so new.

Basically you have zero facts to go on re 2174 priority and processing time being 8 months. No one except CIC has visibility over ALL applicants

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suvan said:
Mine is 0621, Look at September up to January you will see, ok maybe not many in August. It is the trend, you can plainly see it. im
Sure there are some management nocs that haven't received MR for August, so im preparing myself for the 13 wait, what ya gonna do?
Well that's exactly it - nothing. No point in moaning about it. Just because their process doesn't go in our favour, doesn't mean they don't have a process/agenda.

The system, while not perfect, is far better than that of other countries! 13 months isn't crazy... Chances are your app will be processed in closer to 10-12 months... Have faith and chilax... You have only just applied!

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Im also talking about the applicants who havnt received MR from August, not just myself!. IPC stop quoting the obvious when it comes to these time lines!. We all know that by looking at this helpful website that apps do go through in 8 months, yes it doesn't state that officially on the cic website, but that has been the trend and we all know it.

Any way that's what I think, that's what you think.

We will see how it goes, you cant dream this s-it up, no one knows what there gonna do

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
jsm0085 said:
Suvan,

You only seem to comment to complain, which is pretty depressing. I appreciate that you may be frustrated, but as you are only a 2013 applicant, it's a bit early.

The immigration system is (or should be) designed to deal with the needs of the country. So, if they are prioritizing 2174 applicants, good on them! "In demand" occupations are people they need in the country, if they already have people in the country doing the jobs applying for PR through CEC, it's very logical that they would prioritize them where possible, instead of solely relying on FSW applicants (who they don't necessarily know can integrate into Canadian society). If they choose to prioritize all occupations on this list, I have no issue with it, as it's what the country needs!

I disagree with you regarding processing patterns - your statement is too general and looking at the data from Aug 2012 - present, it really isn't obvious or evident that all 2174 applicants have been prioritized.

Maybe it would be more helpful, for everyone, if you could use your limited time on here trying to help out existing or perspective applicants, instead of rambling on about what you think isn't right?

The facts are some cases may be prioritized, some security screenings may take longer than others, some family checks (kids etc) may need to be more extensive and some background/work checks may need to be a lot more thorough than others...

If you really dislike it that much why don't you go try to immigrate to the USA? We can discuss your PR/GC progress in about 10 years from now!
Nail on the head.

Canada doesn't owe us anything; they are, after all, looking out for the interests of their own country, and that makes complete sense. That you and I have to wait a bit longer is a small price to pay for the privilege of living in this country.

kaanva

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
Passport Req..
7 Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
3 Jan 2013
Isn't it that the whole process is expected to finish in 13 months which includes landing...so I feel,expecting medicals between 8-9 months is not too much. Apart from this, 2174 or any other code... CEC seems to have lot many other things they consider (Some logical ..some not) before sending medicals. The process has slowed down to alarm levels in these few weeks may be because of on going strike...be it 2174 or other NOC's

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Medicals in 8-9 months if ppr in 13?, don't think so Kaanva. from what I can see, it takes any where between 5 to 45 days to get ppr form medicals. So were looking at more like 12 months for medical!, my point is proven from looking at the august 2012 spread sheet, some people havnt got MR from then, so there ya go

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Come on, grow up.. Stop being racist with 2174 lol..
If your application is taking more than 13 months as stated on CIC website than you deserve to say all that..
And for your kind information, my friend from mid september with 2174 haven`t heard anything from CIC so far..
& one of my friend from November with 2174 got rejected yesterday.. Its all about you Visa officer processing speed.. As far as i know 2174 is pretty easy to process where VO dont have to verify so many things like for any IT company you can go to there website and you can find in 2 minutes if company is genuine.. NOC with titles like supervisors are hard to process and they take more time to verify because people do so many frauds with these NOCs, i know many people who did so.. they never worked for those guys but they paid them money and registered on their payroll and got all things,, and moreover there is no information on internet about those companies...
So Stop making false statements if you dont know about the system...