+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2174 What should I do???

yongshuai

Sep 24, 2013
Hi all, I am deeply worried after I find out some cases are being rejected because of reference letter...I used NOC 2174 and I am worried about my job duties is not in full details...I have attached the letter below, it will be much appreciated, if you can take a look and let me know your thoughts, should I send a detailed letter or should I wait? Thanks!!! I already have file number.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to confirm that MYNAME is employed full time at MYCOMPANY as a Web

Programmer. He has worked here since June 1 2012. His total annual salary is $60,000 plus company

benefits, and he works approximately 40 hours per week.

He is an excellent employee for MYCOMPANY and has proven to be a skillful web programmer. He performed

all the assigned tasks with dedication and proficiency. I have also found MYNAME to be quite

dependable, reliable, hard-working and honest. He will be employed permanently upon receiving

permanent resident status.

His main responsibilities and duties are programming and maintenance for our myArcSSET/myHisTREE/

myEquipDATA web applications (using ASP.NET/C#/HTML/CSS/JAVASCRIPT/) as well as the backend

database (using SQL).

I am happy to provide further information if required.

Regards,

sundip111

Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
I think you got the correct format. My code is 2175 and I have the letter with same sequence.

Make sure its on company's letterhead and includes the contact details. CIC officer can ask the job details personally if he/she wants.

You can make sure the requirements on checklist (IMM5610E).

yongshuai

Sep 24, 2013
sundip111 said:
I think you got the correct format. My code is 2175 and I have the letter with same sequence.

Make sure its on company's letterhead and includes the contact details. CIC officer can ask the job details personally if he/she wants.

You can make sure the requirements on checklist (IMM5610E).
It is on company letter head with contact details. Thank you so much for your help, I feel more confident now. I just got my file/application number on Sept 19th.

Thanks again man :)

vbdevgan

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 September 2012
AOR Received.
27th September 2012
Med's Request
24 May 2013
Med's Done....
31 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 Sep2013
VISA ISSUED...
8 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Next Week
Hi There I applied for PR using NOC 2174.
I am afraid you had to write some or all of the duties ...as the NOC condition is
"Computer programmers perform some or all of the following duties"

in your case you have just written
"His main responsibilities and duties are programming and maintenance for our myArcSSET/myHisTREE/
myEquipDATA web applications (using ASP.NET/C#/HTML/CSS/JAVASCRIPT/) as well as the backend
database (using SQL)."

which is somewhat similar to the NOC description :
1)Write, modify, integrate and test software code
2)Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required

I think you should have explained more about your duties and responsibilities. Rest it depends on the Visa Officer.
But if I were you , i would send another letter with the File number on it with all the information required as well as more description of the duties
Thanks

vbdevgan

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 September 2012
AOR Received.
27th September 2012
Med's Request
24 May 2013
Med's Done....
31 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 Sep2013
VISA ISSUED...
8 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Next Week
Here is a Sample of My Letter.
But Really it depends on the Visa Officer.
If He/She Asks you can use this Format

To whom it may concern
This letter serves to confirm that XXXX has been employed with My Company since XXXXXXX.

He currently holds the full time position of (your Position). This position pays an annual salary of $......... plus benefits. He is working 40 Hrs/week and performs these duties following company’s handouts and policies:

1) Assist in the data gathering for user requirement documentation.
2) Write, analyze, test, and rewrite programs, using software development life cycle and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
3) Update and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs.
4) Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
5) Compile and write reports and documentation of software program development and maintenance.
6) Assist in implementing logical and physical specifications.
7) Test software products for quality assurance.
8) Perform other duties as directed by Business analyst/ Client system manager.

Should you require additional information please contact Contact person @ 905-***-**** or
1-800-9999-9999 ext.9999.

Regards,

NAME
Human Resources Administrator Or your Manager.

yongshuai

Sep 24, 2013
vbdevgan said:
Hi There I applied for PR using NOC 2174.
I am afraid you had to write some or all of the duties ...as the NOC condition is
"Computer programmers perform some or all of the following duties"

in your case you have just written
"His main responsibilities and duties are programming and maintenance for our myArcSSET/myHisTREE/
database (using SQL)."

which is somewhat similar to the NOC description :
1)Write, modify, integrate and test software code
2)Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required

I think you should have explained more about your duties and responsibilities. Rest it depends on the Visa Officer.
But if I were you , i would send another letter with the File number on it with all the information required as well as more description of the duties
Thanks
Thank you for helping :D

yongshuai

Sep 24, 2013
vbdevgan said:
Here is a Sample of My Letter.
But Really it depends on the Visa Officer.
If He/She Asks you can use this Format
Thank you and do you think I should send now since I got my file number or wait for the VO to contact if he/she ever need a better ref letter. And I am just a little afraid that sending now might causing a bit of suspicious on my original ref letter. Not sure what to do. ???

yongshuai

Sep 24, 2013
I am going to send new reference letter with better job duties and a cover letter to explain the reason is the previous one is not detailed enough. Is it ok to do that? Thanks

vbdevgan

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 September 2012
AOR Received.
27th September 2012
Med's Request
24 May 2013
Med's Done....
31 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 Sep2013
VISA ISSUED...
8 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Next Week
yongshuai said:
I am going to send new reference letter with better job duties and a cover letter to explain the reason is the previous one is not detailed enough. Is it ok to do that? Thanks
I am sure the main cause of rejection is Job Letter. It Should have all or most of the duties. CIC have some criteria against which they are checking your job duties.I know three of my friends got rejected because of they didn't have appropriate Job Duties.
Its Always Safe to send the Job letter again with your File Number. Better Late than Sorry.

Also when they are sending you the file number , they just only check your documents against the document list at that moment. This is when you receive the File number. The processing is a next step after that.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Thanks

yongshuai

Sep 24, 2013
Thank you and I have put together a detailed duties and ready to mail. Please give it a read and give some thoughts. Many thanks :)

His main responsibilities and duties are as follows:

1. Write, analyze, test, and rewrite programs/modules for myArcSSET/myHisTREE/myEquipDATA web applications,

using software development life cycle and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and

symbolic logic

2. Design, develop, debug and maintain web applications backend SQL database

3. Update and maintain myArcSSET/myHisTREE/myEquipDATA web applications (using ASP.NET/C#/HTML/CSS/

JAVASCRIPT/) as required

4. Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest

changes

5. Prepare reports and documentation on software maintenance, debug and update

6. Apply solutions for technical problems, including system reinstall, software malfunction, email/communication

issue, internet connection, computer hardware

vbdevgan

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 September 2012
AOR Received.
27th September 2012
Med's Request
24 May 2013
Med's Done....
31 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 Sep2013
VISA ISSUED...
8 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Next Week
Looks Good to me :D
Good Luck
yongshuai said:
Thank you and I have put together a detailed duties and ready to mail. Please give it a read and give some thoughts. Many thanks :)

His main responsibilities and duties are as follows:

1. Write, analyze, test, and rewrite programs/modules for myArcSSET/myHisTREE/myEquipDATA web applications,

using software development life cycle and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and

symbolic logic

2. Design, develop, debug and maintain web applications backend SQL database

3. Update and maintain myArcSSET/myHisTREE/myEquipDATA web applications (using ASP.NET/C#/HTML/CSS/

JAVASCRIPT/) as required

4. Consult with managerial and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest

changes

5. Prepare reports and documentation on software maintenance, debug and update

6. Apply solutions for technical problems, including system reinstall, software malfunction, email/communication

issue, internet connection, computer hardware