AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
@sid1987 I'm an informatica developer and I'm confused between 2172&2173?can you please help out?
U wanna play safe use 2173.... i used 2173 for all my old experieces but they were mix of dev and lead but informatica was main tech for alteast initial 3 companies

shru_91

Dec 17, 2018
U wanna play safe use 2173.... i used 2173 for all my old experieces but they were mix of dev and lead but informatica was main tech for alteast initial 3 companies
@sid1987 Thanks.but I received noi from Ontario with NOC 2172..not sure if okay to change now?!

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
@sid1987 Thanks.but I received noi from Ontario with NOC 2172..not sure if okay to change now?!
Thats fine dude.. just align ur duties accordingly and u shld be just fine

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
2172 is hardcore db devs ... so i think u shod be fine

prateek2108

Dec 24, 2018
@sid1987 could you please let me if my NOC is 2174/75. I am a bit confused. Below are my roles and responsibilities.

It would be great if anyone can respond and help me. Thanks in advance.

Designation : Technology Analyst

1. Worked independently and collaboratively with team members to develop UI/UX workflow and design.
2. Collaborate with developers, Test Engineers and product management for a seamless project development.
3. Provide design support during development and execution; assist with QA to resolve the issues and work with other developers to ensure designs are implemented accurately and with the highest standards.
4. Involved in build and deployment activities of the project, working in tandem with the DevOps for a smooth production deploy.
5. Worked in an Agile Software Development Lifecycle model since inception and followed the best practices of Agile methodology to accommodate dynamic changes in the requirements of the application.
6. Worked on the test cases for the entire application using the newly built testing frameworks.
7. Drafted user stories and associated acceptance criteria in JIRA board. Strategized project scoping to clearly communicate the project roadmap.

The technologies / platforms that he worked on were:

Technologies-
ReactJS, NodeJS, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Java.

Platforms-
Rational Application Developer(RAD), Source Tree, SOAP UI, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, Jenkins, Kubernetes

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm if the below roles and responsibilities comes under NOC2174 category

1.Performing the Requirement analysis using the functionality and mapping documents provided, identifying
the critical components to be tested and designing the test cases based on it.
2.Testing and reviewing all the components through different testing cycles like Functional Testing,
Integration testing, Regression Testing, System testing in both the SIT and Production Environments
3.Revisiting the logic given for the columns are properly set in the infomatica mapping as per the
requirement stated
4.Ensuring that the format and the data generated by Business Objects reports are in sync with the
requirement templates
5.Ensuring that all the team members are given the Knowledge transition before allocating the task
6.Responsible for successful completion of all stages of project lifecycle.
7.Involved in technical discussions regarding the defects and enhancement activities with Business Analyst
(BA).
8.Ensured all the defects are fixed by setting up a communication with the developers and clients.
9.Ensured that Release process guidelines and Testing standards are met.
10.Did exhaustive Design, Code reviews as well defect root analysis and resolution.
11.Ensured zero open defects in all the project deliverables.
12.Providing Testing Support to UAT team during Acceptance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm if the below roles and responsibilities comes under NOC2174 category

1.Performing the Requirement analysis using the functionality and mapping documents provided, identifying
the critical components to be tested and designing the test cases based on it.
2.Testing and reviewing all the components through different testing cycles like Functional Testing,
Integration testing, Regression Testing, System testing in both the SIT and Production Environments
3.Revisiting the logic given for the columns are properly set in the infomatica mapping as per the
requirement stated
4.Ensuring that the format and the data generated by Business Objects reports are in sync with the
requirement templates
5.Ensuring that all the team members are given the Knowledge transition before allocating the task
6.Responsible for successful completion of all stages of project lifecycle.
7.Involved in technical discussions regarding the defects and enhancement activities with Business Analyst
(BA).
8.Ensured all the defects are fixed by setting up a communication with the developers and clients.
9.Ensured that Release process guidelines and Testing standards are met.
10.Did exhaustive Design, Code reviews as well defect root analysis and resolution.
11.Ensured zero open defects in all the project deliverables.
12.Providing Testing Support to UAT team during Acceptance
Your question has already been answered. Asking the same question again and again will not change the answer. Your job does NOT fall under NOC 2174. If you apply under NOC 2174, you will be refused due to job mismatch. You are in a QA role. Not a programming role.

itsshyam007

Jan 25, 2021
@scylla - Sorry for the trouble . Reason why i was asking is that while Pre ITA i had used this NOC code for the EE Profile and this infact this was my previous job and now after seeing that my job duties does not match with the NOC i am not sure if i can make a change in the EE Profile . Could you please help me confirm if the change can be done and whats the process i need to follow . I am not that well versed in the EE Process so any guidance will help. Also could you suggest me if NOC 2283 works for this

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
HI can you please confirm my NOC code 2174 software Developer roles and responsibilities

• Coordinate with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand client business needs and requirements.
  • Assist in design and development of applications based on business requirements.
  • Upgrade and modify applications as per business needs.
  • Assist in preparing project plan and technical and functional specifications.
  • Perform code reviews and recommend improvements.
  • Identify and troubleshoot coding issues in a timely fashion.
  • Ensure that project deliverables meet business requirements and ensure to complete project within assigned timelines.
  • Provide support in all phases of SDLC.
  • Conduct end user training when needed and prepare user documentations.
  • Recommend new coding techniques to ensure quality and usability.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Can you please help me verify if these duties are good to go for 2174? MY ROLE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

• Coordinate with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand client business needs
and requirements.
• Assist in design and development of applications based on business requirements.
• Ensure that project deliverables meet business requirements and ensure to complete project
within assigned timelines.

adityagupta88

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
2171, 1112, 2174
AOR Received.
05-12-1988
File Transfer...
28-03-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
Can you please help me verify if these duties are good to go for 2174? MY ROLE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

• Coordinate with Project Manager and Business Analyst to understand client business needs
and requirements.
• Ensure that project deliverables meet business requirements and ensure to complete project
within assigned timelines.
This looks good to me. Just write the full form (software development life cycle) instead of SDLC.

mohdrafi12

Jun 21, 2020
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All - Could someone please review my roles and responsibilities below and confirm if this qualifies for NOC 2174? People who have already gone through the process and got PR successfully are specially requested to respond to my query as it will benefit a lot of people in line. Thank you.

• Providing solution, support and services that involved Translating the business requirements into technical design, coordinating with multiple sources and downstream applications to ensure timely delivery of data.
  • Develop reusable scripts in Unix and make improvements to the existing scripts to accommodate any change in source or target environments as part of upgrades.
  • Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain Datastage code for a smooth processing of business transactions.
  • Coordinate with infrastructure teams such as Database administrator, Datastage administrator and scheduling team to ensure application is up always, except during a planned outage.
  • Responsible for supporting company’s proprietary Financial application. Key job functions include job monitoring, analysis, debugging problems, providing fixes, coding and testing.
  • Lookout for opportunities for performance improvement across the application code to support processing of ever-increasing data load.
  • Participate in war-room activities and provide technical inputs for problem resolution.
  • Conduct root cause analysis on frequent issues reported by business users and recommend a corrective action plan.
  • Guiding, training, instructing and assisting new team members on technical issues.
  • Create Process documents for various activities which are performed periodically.
  • Participate in Design reviews, Test case reviews and Production support readiness reviews for new releases, provide inputs for Go/No-Go decision.