+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2171 or 2173

sbansal86

Aug 28, 2016
Hello,

I am applying for Canda EE. I have over 5 years of experience.

3.5 years: SAP Basis.

For this one I feel I should fall into 2171 category.

1.5 years : Software Engineer

by the title this falls in 2173, however, the work that I did was more on 2171 side.

6 months: Internships in different categories

this falls in different NOC codes.

Current Job: SAP IBP consultant

This falls under 2171 and I have experience of 4 months now. This job i started after completing my MBA

Please tell me how to consolidate my experience to maximise the points that I can get for the EE. I can convert my SAP basis experince to 2173, but then, current experience in 2171 becomess irrelevant. None of the above experience is in Canada.

Please help. It is very urgent

Thanks,
Sahil

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbansal86 said:
Hello,

I am applying for Canda EE. I have over 5 years of experience.

3.5 years: SAP Basis.

For this one I feel I should fall into 2171 category.

1.5 years : Software Engineer

by the title this falls in 2173, however, the work that I did was more on 2171 side.

6 months: Internships in different categories

this falls in different NOC codes.

Current Job: SAP IBP consultant

This falls under 2171 and I have experience of 4 months now. This job i started after completing my MBA

Please tell me how to consolidate my experience to maximise the points that I can get for the EE. I can convert my SAP basis experince to 2173, but then, current experience in 2171 becomess irrelevant. None of the above experience is in Canada.

Please help. It is very urgent

Thanks,
Sahil
To be eligible for FSW, you must have 1 year of continuous work experience in a single NOC.
Once you've met this requirement, all your other work experience can be in multiple NOCs.

Your first job (3.5 years) more than covers the 1 year minimum, so select 2171 as your primary NOC. Then all your other work experience, regardless of NOC (as long as it is in a skill level A, B, or O NOC) will be counted towards your work experience.

Your NOC is not based on your title; it's based on your duties and responsibilities. So for this one:
"1.5 years : Software Engineer
by the title this falls in 2173, however, the work that I did was more on 2171 side."
you should choose 2171.

If the internship was part of your degree, it does not count. But that doesn't matter, because the maximum number of years you can claim points for in FSW is 3, and you have more than that anyway.

sbansal86

Aug 28, 2016
istari said:
To be eligible for FSW, you must have 1 year of continuous work experience in a single NOC.
Once you've met this requirement, all your other work experience can be in multiple NOCs.

Your first job (3.5 years) more than covers the 1 year minimum, so select 2171 as your primary NOC. Then all your other work experience, regardless of NOC (as long as it is in a skill level A, B, or O NOC) will be counted towards your work experience.

Your NOC is not based on your title; it's based on your duties and responsibilities. So for this one:
by the title this falls in 2173, however, the work that I did was more on 2171 side."
you should choose 2171.

If the internship was part of your degree, it does not count. But that doesn't matter, because the maximum number of years you can claim points for in FSW is 3, and you have more than that anyway.

Thanks for your reply. This was really helpful.

zwei36

Sep 6, 2016
istari said:

you should choose 2171.

Can you help me out about my case? Please.
I am apply EE through CEC , I start working in Canada from May 11 2015 under NOC OAB code : 7231 till Feb 25,2016 , after that I got my promotion to another code 2233. Till now , I am still working under code 2233 still, two jobs are in same company.
Does it count one year CEC work experience?
which one should i use for a primary code?
Do I need to explain any thing to CIC?
Thank you very much.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zwei36 said:
Can you help me out about my case? Please.
I am apply EE through CEC , I start working in Canada from May 11 2015 under NOC OAB code : 7231 till Feb 25,2016 , after that I got my promotion to another code 2233. Till now , I am still working under code 2233 still, two jobs are in same company.
Does it count one year CEC work experience?
Yes.

which one should i use for a primary code?
It doesn't make a difference.

Do I need to explain any thing to CIC?
No.

Thank you very much.