+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2161 anyone?

starkboy

Sep 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a CRS of 478 and I am hopeful of getting an ITA in the next draw. I had some doubts regarding my NOC code and it would be great if anyone could help me out regarding the same.

I have been working as a "Senior Business Analyst" for 3+ years with most of my job responsibilities being building data models, making data reports and using stats to gather business insights. I am inclined to go with NOC-2161 which resonates closely with my job description.

However, I have seen data analysts discuss codes like 2171,2172 ( Database analysts, IT analysts and consultants) on this forum, though the job descriptions in these codes don't really match mine.

So are there people here who are "Data analysts" or "Data scientists" or "Business Analysts" who have applied through 2161 and were successful in receiving a PR? Please let me know.

Thank you!
Kapil

Reddiered07

May 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a CRS of 478 and I am hopeful of getting an ITA in the next draw. I had some doubts regarding my NOC code and it would be great if anyone could help me out regarding the same.

I have been working as a "Senior Business Analyst" for 3+ years with most of my job responsibilities being building data models, making data reports and using stats to gather business insights. I am inclined to go with NOC-2161 which resonates closely with my job description.

However, I have seen data analysts discuss codes like 2171,2172 ( Database analysts, IT analysts and consultants) on this forum, though the job descriptions in these codes don't really match mine.

So are there people here who are "Data analysts" or "Data scientists" or "Business Analysts" who have applied through 2161 and were successful in receiving a PR? Please let me know.

Thank you!
Kapil
Hey, I have a similar case of confusion. I have been working in the field of analytics for past 6 years.Though i am not a hardcore modeller, i do know basic things like linear regression, logit, clustering, market basket analysis and all. Can you please let me know with what code you went along with finally. One of my colleagues went with 2171 and is currently in canada with a PR