Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (likely)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
I've read a lot of horror stories of applications getting rejected due to job description not matching NOC description by at least 70%. However, what happens when your occupation is covered under NOC 2148 I.e. Other professional engineers. There is just one line describing each occupation and a lot of room for interpreting the requirements broadly. Anyone can please share their experience?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
umassd said:
I've read a lot of horror stories of applications getting rejected due to job description not matching NOC description by at least 70%. However, what happens when your occupation is covered under NOC 2148 I.e. Other professional engineers. There is just one line describing each occupation and a lot of room for interpreting the requirements broadly. Anyone can please share their experience?
I am also in a similar situation NOC 2145, can be widely interpreted as it covers a very wide range of occupations in the oil and gas industry. My job responsibilities were not an exact copy of the NOC description as my reference letter was written to match my actual duties. Like me, you seem to have submitted your application already, so only time will tell, we have to wait and see if CIC will accept it. Hopefully we will have a positive outcome :)