+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2133- With a CRS score of 420 -What are my real chances to apply through Express Entry?

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
I am planning to apply for PR. My CRS score is 420 and my NOOC is 2133. I have a Ph.D. in Wireless Communications Engineering. Let me know what my real chances are. How long will it take? Thank you

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Cutoff was 75 a few days ago....

That said, the average is usually around the 460-475 range. Try PNP to boost your chances.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Cutoff was 75 a few days ago....

That said, the average is usually around the 460-475 range. Try PNP to boost your chances.
That was a CEC draw. OP didn’t say if experience is Canadian. If for FSW, your score is too low for an ITA. Look at Provincial Nomination programs but you are in a licensed field so need to look at provincial licensing requirements to be nominated (if your score is high enough).

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
That was a CEC draw. OP didn’t say if experience is Canadian. If for FSW, your score is too low for an ITA. Look at Provincial Nomination programs but you are in a licensed field so need to look at provincial licensing requirements to be nominated (if your score is high enough).
Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 110
  • Level of education = 150
  • Official Languages = 110
    • First Official Language = 110
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 370
Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 0
  • First Official Languages = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0
Skill transferability factors
Education (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25
Foreign work experience (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 25
Certificate of qualification = 0
Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 50

Additional points (to a maximum of 600 points)
Provincial nomination = 0
Job offer = 0
Study in Canada = 0
Sibling in Canada = 0
French-language skills = 0
Subtotal Additional points = 0
Comprehensive Ranking System formula grand total = 420

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So submit your profile with your ECAs and IELTS results. 420 is low for an ITA. Look at PNP programs and see if your NOC is eligible.

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
Which province is the quickest to obtain PNP with my Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering? How long the process is?

Should I try
Alberta Express Entry
or
Saskatchewan Express Entry

I believe BC/Ontario are taking tad longer but aligns with my degree and work experience.
The other question is, if I do apply with a score of 420, will I get rejected?

Thank you,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Which province is the quickest to obtain PNP with my Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering? How long the process is?

Should I try
Alberta Express Entry
or
Saskatchewan Express Entry

I believe BC/Ontario are taking tad longer but aligns with my degree and work experience.
The other question is, if I do apply with a score of 420, will I get rejected?

Thank you,
There is no quick way. What is quick to you. Alberta is only accepting those living and working in the province. What is your score for Saskatchewan as they have their own grid. You want 70. And for SINP you need a provincial engineering license to be accepted.

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
There is no quick way. What is quick to you. Alberta is only accepting those living and working in the province. What is your score for Saskatchewan as they have their own grid. You want 70. And for SINP you need a provincial engineering license to be accepted.
I have got a score of 63 since I have no relatives around. Not sure if I should try EOI with Saskatchewan? I will try

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
I am able to obtain only 65 points under Saskatchewan EOI grid. The minimum score is 60, but I am not sure if I will get the acceptance for invite with a max score of 65. May be if I try French Test, I might 2 more points putting me at a very max of 67 points. The relative point is 20 points I am missing. Not sure what to do. Will they even send an invite for me? Any thoughts?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am able to obtain only 65 points under Saskatchewan EOI grid. The minimum score is 60, but I am not sure if I will get the acceptance for invite with a max score of 65. May be if I try French Test, I might 2 more points putting me at a very max of 67 points. The relative point is 20 points I am missing. Not sure what to do. Will they even send an invite for me? Any thoughts?
You need a provincial engineering license with your NOC, I believe. Are you fluent in French? Basic French doesnt give you points. You need B2 level at least. When you submit your EE profile you can select Saskatchewan.

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
I have been doing various things under 2133 (MatLab, C++) and have worked as a SW Engineer as well under 2173 NOC code. I am not clear why I would need a PE license to work under 2133 if I am working on DSP and embedded programming? Can you send me a link where it says PE license is a must for Saskatchewan OID? I am planning to take a gamble with a score of 65 and try my luck and see what happens
Any other options beside Saskatchewan?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have been doing various things under 2133 (MatLab, C++) and have worked as a SW Engineer as well under 2173 NOC code. I am not clear why I would need a PE license to work under 2133 if I am working on DSP and embedded programming? Can you send me a link where it says PE license is a must for Saskatchewan OID? I am planning to take a gamble with a score of 65 and try my luck and see what happens
Any other options beside Saskatchewan?
Under license. NOC 2133 requires APEGS license. NOC 2173 requires CIPS license. You can look at Ontario. Have you done your ECAs and IELTS.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/browse-sinp-programs/applicants-international-skilled-workers/occupation-requirements

sanjuphd

Feb 14, 2021
Yes, I have done my IETLS and WES evaluation and all looks great. Are you suggesting Ontario as a better option? Thanks

May 25, 2019
hi i am into ee pool since feb 2021. but i didnt get any nomination from then in alberta / any province. can you please let me know what would be the criteria to get nomination. Also is there a chance for it