+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2133 Electrical and Electronics

NouraBBB

Apr 9, 2017
Dear all,

I'm a little bit confused about which NOC best describes my duties.
I'm an Electrical Engineer with Master degree, but since graduation I worked in Education only. So I don't really have experience from the field; it's all academic and vocational education.

I'm not sure which NOC fits me better; either NOC 2133 or 4021.

The duties for NOC 2133 Electrical Engineer are: (the ones in Red are my duties as in my job description)
  • Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components (Manages day-to-day operations of all teaching laboratories, including equipment preparation and maintenance, safety standards/training compliance. + Prepares and oversees equipment scheduled for use during laboratory teaching sessions).
  • Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment (Coordinates with curriculum management to determine equipment/consumables purchase priorities based on budget allowances, condition of existing equipment, and scheduled laboratory activities.)
  • Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
  • Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products (Implement any changes to the lab facilities necessary to accomplish technology education.)
  • Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment (Ensure that all equipment and operations are audited to ensure highest levels of adherence to health and safety protocols.)
  • Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment (Demonstrates care and use of equipment, according to health and safety standards and practices, to teaching staff and students.)
  • Investigate electrical or electronic failures
  • Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
  • Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers (Supports teaching staff in the development and implementation of teaching modules and projects. + Trains teaching staff and students in application and use of new equipment).

Do you think it's matching? They didn't specify the field of work for an Electrical Engineer; either education, construction, consultation, etc.

Please advise.
Thank you.