+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2132- Marine Mechanical Engineer

Enkaypee

Dec 31, 2014
Hi all,

I have applied under the captioned category and my application was received at CIC, Sydney on 12th December. I do not know what chance I have my application to be accepted as the Cap on date is 700+207. I have few questions.
1. Is there any body who got the PER for Marine Engineer?
2. Notwithstanding my pending application, can I apply for Express Entry (EE) commencing on 01/01/2015?
3. Marine Engineers can not get a direct job unless they have a Transport Canada (TC) Certification and TC does not enroll you for certification unless you are a Canadian citizen or a PR holder. Under the circumstances, how will the New Express Entry place you under priority list for jobs for Marine Engineers? Is it at all possible for Marine Engineers to apply for PR in Canada in the new EE system?
Shall be grateful if somebody can answer my queries.
Thanks.

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi enkaypee,
I am in the same boat as you, only thing is its 5 years later. I am a class four marine engineer from India. I am currently in the process of creating an EE profile and was wondering if you could provide me with some help.
1. I have been sailing as a marine engineer since 2015. Ever since I have completed 3 contracts so far and have sailed for 25 months and 28 days in total for the entire period of 4 years.
So my question is, how much years of experience should i mention in my EE profile? Should it be 4 years ( as I was employed with the same shipping company throughout the last 4 years) OR should it be 2 years? ( i.e. only counting my propelling time)
2. I have done my bachelor's in mechanical engineering (4 year course) and then did my one year pre-sea course which allowed me to join the ship as a Trainee Marine Engineer ( TME). However, i have just been through the NOC details of NOC 2274 and it only mentions about those who have completed their 4 years graduation in marine engineering. In India, the mercantile marine department has a stream for mechanical engineers too, only if they undergo a requisite pre- sea course that i have.
So my 2 nd question is do i qualify for the NOC 2274? Or would the immigration officials objects ?
I'm sorry this is a very elaborate text but i am inn of some serious guidance.
Thanks in advance.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi enkaypee,
I am in the same boat as you, only thing is its 5 years later. I am a class four marine engineer from India. I am currently in the process of creating an EE profile and was wondering if you could provide me with some help.
1. I have been sailing as a marine engineer since 2015. Ever since I have completed 3 contracts so far and have sailed for 25 months and 28 days in total for the entire period of 4 years.
So my question is, how much years of experience should i mention in my EE profile? Should it be 4 years ( as I was employed with the same shipping company throughout the last 4 years) OR should it be 2 years? ( i.e. only counting my propelling time)
2. I have done my bachelor's in mechanical engineering (4 year course) and then did my one year pre-sea course which allowed me to join the ship as a Trainee Marine Engineer ( TME). However, i have just been through the NOC details of NOC 2274 and it only mentions about those who have completed their 4 years graduation in marine engineering. In India, the mercantile marine department has a stream for mechanical engineers too, only if they undergo a requisite pre- sea course that i have.
So my 2 nd question is do i qualify for the NOC 2274? Or would the immigration officials objects ?
I'm sorry this is a very elaborate text but i am inn of some serious guidance.
Thanks in advance.
Employment letter to prove continuous full time employment is a little tricky here .If you can get a letter stating monthly salary and employed since ,you may try .

Noc’s Employment requirements are not considered when Cases outside Canada are assessed,so dont worry about that.

Get you mechanical as well as GME assessed by WES .

GME is equivalent to Post graduate diploma ( 1 year )

Good luck .
PM me

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Employment letter to prove continuous full time employment is a little tricky here .If you can get a letter stating monthly salary and employed since ,you may try .

Noc’s Employment requirements are not considered when Cases outside Canada are assessed,so dont worry about that.

Good luck .
PM me
Thanks so much James Rodriguez, I am much relieved now. Quick question, are you in merchant Navy yourself? There are many other questions surfacing in mind right now which I wish to clear and was hoping to come across someone who has been through the ordeal themselves.
Thanks for replying. Much appreciated.

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018

Good luck .
PM me
Hi James.. how are you doing?.. I don't think any of you past numbers are currently functional as the msgs are not getting through.. could you pls text me through your new no. on whatsapp if possible.
Thanks.