CEC
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
Hi All,

I'm not eligible for P.Eng yet. I was wondering if my work experience can still fall under NOC 2131. My work experience involved steel structural analysis, creating design drawings, designing foundation, and advising on construction procedures and material. But of course all that with the supervision of a P.Eng. I have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a Master's in Computational Engineering. CIC description is a bit vague in this matter. They say it is required to approve engineering drawings (obviously)! But does it mean that I need to have it and if I don't I will fall under another NOC code?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Paddy

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
p.sarafraz said:
Hi All,

I'm not eligible for P.Eng yet. I was wondering if my work experience can still fall under NOC 2131. My work experience involved steel structural analysis, creating design drawings, designing foundation, and advising on construction procedures and material. But of course all that with the supervision of a P.Eng. I have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a Master's in Computational Engineering. CIC description is a bit vague in this matter. They say it is required to approve engineering drawings (obviously)! But does it mean that I need to have it and if I don't I will fall under another NOC code?
ESDC (not CIC/IRCC) is responsible for the NOC codes.

You can use the NOC if you perform the duties and meet any mandatory requirements. It is not mandatory to hold the P.Eng. certification to work as an engineer, just mandatory if you want to use the title and to performed protected practices (e.g. approve engineering drawings).