+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2022 change of Express Entry provincial nominee

Tavensektor

Aug 24, 2022
I received my SINP nomination before November 16 2022 and the nomination letter has 4 digit NOC on it. I got 1 express entry ITA but declined it due to some issues and waiting for the next ITA. Now as per the instruction:

"On November 16, 2022, we switched to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

What this means for you depends on your situation.

1. You received an invitation to apply (ITA) before November 16, 2022
    You must submit your Express Entry application for permanent residence using the NOC 2016.
  2. You didn’t receive an ITA before November 16, 2022
    You must update your profile with your NOC 2021 code to remain eligible.
  3. You received a nomination certificate on or after November 16, 2022
    If your nomination certificate has a 4-digit NOC code
    , you must use NOC code 93888 in every NOC field of your Express Entry profile. We’ll assess your application using the NOC 2016 code on your nomination certificate.
    If your nomination certificate has a 5-digit NOC code, you must submit your Express Entry profile using your 5-digit NOC 2021 code."

what should I do? Should I update the profile with the new NOC code or use NOC code 93888 on my profile?

shawnthesheep

Sep 23, 2022
hello @Tavensektor

i really hope you find the answer for your query asap.
I also applied to SINP with 2282 and 10 years experience however, my Masters degree was awarded in 2019.
will this be acceptedby SINP andthey will issue nomination ? I assume you were in a similar situation (Claiming experience prior degrees )

thanks for your help

Tavensektor

Aug 24, 2022
hello @Tavensektor

i really hope you find the answer for your query asap.
I also applied to SINP with 2282 and 10 years experience however, my Masters degree was awarded in 2019.
will this be acceptedby SINP andthey will issue nomination ? I assume you were in a similar situation (Claiming experience prior degrees )

thanks for your help
Education and experience are 2 different things. It is required to have an education in the field of your experience for SINP program, however, they are not dependent on each other. you will get the nomination if your master's is in line with your experience.

Reactions: shawnthesheep

shawnthesheep

Sep 23, 2022
Education and experience are 2 different things. It is required to have an education in the field of your experience for SINP program, however, they are not dependent on each other. you will get the nomination if your master's is in line with your experience.
Thanks for replying.

JQK_91

Nov 10, 2022
I received my SINP nomination before November 16 2022 and the nomination letter has 4 digit NOC on it. I got 1 express entry ITA but declined it due to some issues and waiting for the next ITA. Now as per the instruction:

"On November 16, 2022, we switched to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

You must submit your Express Entry application for permanent residence using the NOC 2016.
    , you must use NOC code 93888 in every NOC field of your Express Entry profile. We’ll assess your application using the NOC 2016 code on your nomination certificate.
    If your nomination certificate has a 5-digit NOC code, you must submit your Express Entry profile using your 5-digit NOC 2021 code."

what should I do? Should I update the profile with the new NOC code or use NOC code 93888 on my profile?
Same here. I need to change mine and my spouse to the new NOC code 93888 ,because I got my OINP on 16 November and the my certificate has 4 digit NOC. but I only can update on mine not on my spouse because of the glitch on the system .

Reactions: Miracle2018

iqu

Dec 9, 2022

Hey, I am in a similar situation. Did you end up using 93888?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
My NOC on my AB PNP Nomination has the 4 Digit NOC code. I couldn't submit the IRCC EE Application until I updated to the New NOC TEER. I emailed AB about the change, and they said it would not affect anything as long as the job codes matched before and after, and whoever was processing the application should verify that they both fall into the same category before and after.

Mine was 2281 now 22220.

Reactions: Tavensektor

iqu

Dec 9, 2022
My NOC on my AB PNP Nomination has the 4 Digit NOC code. I couldn't submit the IRCC EE Application until I updated to the New NOC TEER. I emailed AB about the change, and they said it would not affect anything as long as the job codes matched before and after, and whoever was processing the application should verify that they both fall into the same category before and after.

Mine was 2281 now 22220.
Thanks for your response. I asked IRCC on twitter and received a straight forward reply that "You need to find your occupation under NOC 2021 and change your job to one of the five TEER categories:"

In my opinion too it should be such a big deal since whoever is processing the application should be able to easily verify if both NOCs are same.

Tavensektor

Aug 24, 2022
Thanks for your response. I asked IRCC on twitter and received a straight forward reply that "You need to find your occupation under NOC 2021 and change your job to one of the five TEER categories:"

In my opinion too it should be such a big deal since whoever is processing the application should be able to easily verify if both NOCs are same.
SO what are you going to do now? update to 2021 noc or stick to 93888 ?

iqu

Dec 9, 2022

**it should NOT be

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Before receiving nomination and after NOC2021 TEER change ,we had updated our profile with TEER codes . After receiving nomination with 4 digit NOC code , we changed all NOC code fields in our EE profile to 93888 without any issues.