+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1112 Good for IB Back office operations

Melwin11

Nov 11, 2019
Need an urgent help !!!

I am currently looking forward to apply for my PR through express entry; however I am having difficulties in matching my duties of my Analyst Role with the correct NOC Code.

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding the correct NOC Code.
I was advised to use 1112, but I'm not too sure.
I'm currently working with Nomura as an Analyst in the investment banking operation- Back Office (Security Settlements)

Main duties include

Ensuring smooth security settlement for Client and Proprietary business across all European and Emerging markets.

Actively coordinating with agent bank for BAU and other queries.

Liaising with MO and counterparty to resolve trade discrepancies viz Qty mismatch, Cash mismatch, TD & VD mismatch.
Regular follow ups with trading desk for short positions.

Performing position transfer from one depository to another by checking in different market depots.

Releasing trade instruction in market by validating trade in back office system.
Instructing SWFIT mgs amendments manually.

Clearing all stock and cash break.
Updating detail investigation comments on trade settlements and old fails trades.

Making KRI report and send across to Global metric team.

Reactions: Pratik Inamdar

Senthil2610933

Nov 10, 2019
Hi melvin,
I have 1.5 years experience as " Deputy Manager " In a mutual fund - although my work was investment and credit analysis
I also have 1.5 years experience as analyst in investment banking
All my experience are post graduation but my first experience comes under NoC 0 as it says manager and second experience under NoC 1 . Will both be counted for my 3 years of work experience?

I also come under 1112 only

Reactions: Pratik Inamdar
Mar 23, 2020
Hi Melvin

Did 1112 work for you ?

I have a same profile as yours and I have submitted my file with NOC 1112 as most of my duties match

Mar 23, 2020
Hi melvin,
I have 1.5 years experience as " Deputy Manager " In a mutual fund - although my work was investment and credit analysis
I also have 1.5 years experience as analyst in investment banking
All my experience are post graduation but my first experience comes under NoC 0 as it says manager and second experience under NoC 1 . Will both be counted for my 3 years of work experience?

I also come under 1112 only
Hi did it work for you ?

I have my NOC same as yours and was advised to use NOC 1112

I have submitted my file with NOC 1112

Just wanted to know if it really worked for you all

Thanks in advance

Mar 23, 2020
Need an urgent help !!!

I am currently looking forward to apply for my PR through express entry; however I am having difficulties in matching my duties of my Analyst Role with the correct NOC Code.

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding the correct NOC Code.
I was advised to use 1112, but I'm not too sure.
I'm currently working with Nomura as an Analyst in the investment banking operation- Back Office (Security Settlements)

Main duties include

Ensuring smooth security settlement for Client and Proprietary business across all European and Emerging markets.

Actively coordinating with agent bank for BAU and other queries.

Liaising with MO and counterparty to resolve trade discrepancies viz Qty mismatch, Cash mismatch, TD & VD mismatch.
Regular follow ups with trading desk for short positions.

Performing position transfer from one depository to another by checking in different market depots.

Releasing trade instruction in market by validating trade in back office system.
Instructing SWFIT mgs amendments manually.

Clearing all stock and cash break.
Updating detail investigation comments on trade settlements and old fails trades.

Making KRI report and send across to Global metric team.
Hi
Melvin

Did 1112 work for you ?

I have a same profile as yours and I have submitted my file with NOC 1112 as most of my duties match