+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1111 Internal Auditor

moizpirzada

Oct 26, 2019
Hello everyone. Please am having some difficulty trying to figure out my NOC. I have a a Diploma in Law (2004), B.A. International Studies (2009), and a Diploma in Business and Accounting (2018). However i have been working as an Internal Audit Assistant since 2010 in a private firm. I perform some of the duties listed under NOC 1111 such as : 1) Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of individuals, departments within organizations, businesses or other establishments to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls, 2) Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance, 3) Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations E.T.C.. Now the thing is Until i obtained my Diploma in Business and accounting from ACCA in 2018, I didnt have any accounting background (which is a requirement in the field) except for on the job training i received. My question is ? What is the appropriate NOC for someone like me? Will my work experience before my Diploma in accounting be relevant ?
Hello,

I am also an ACCA member having 5 years of experience in internal audit. I am also confused with NOC Code whether to use 1111 or 1311. 1111 specifies that the profession should be regulated and one have experience of firm. But ACCA is not in the list of given professional qualifications. what did you chose anyway?

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=F0WiCK2zAqQ+sNNnwKfNO5NTdBOY8GrjNmIHpVlqMJAfxqDlpKtmw1MOWrn/YNR4