+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1111 Financial Auditor and Accountant

krunal7369

Jul 29, 2013
My total score is 74 and want to apply under NOC 1111 Financial Auditor and Accoutant. My job profile is of internal auditor. But I donot have any qualifications as mentioned in "employment Requirements". Whether I would be eligible ? Please advise. I have completed MBA in Finance.

Employment requirements (as per NOC 1111)

• Chartered accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and, depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training
and
Membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).
• Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a training program approved by the Society of Certified General Accountants or Society of Management Accountants and several years of on-the-job training
and
Certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.
• Auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for chartered accountants, certified general accountants or certified management accountants
and
Some experience as an accountant.
• Auditors may require recognition by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• To act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings, auditors and accountants must hold a licence as a trustee in bankruptcy.
• Licensing by the provincial or territorial governing body is usually required for accountants and auditors practising public accounting.

Edwin56

Jan 3, 2015
Hi friends!! I have met Dr. Aloke Ghosh and he provided me details about choosing accountancy as a career. So I want to take admission in post-graduation in accountancy in Zicklin School of Business of Baruch College. Any idea about fees?

exmortis

Jan 13, 2015
krunal7369 said:
My total score is 74 and want to apply under NOC 1111 Financial Auditor and Accoutant. My job profile is of internal auditor. But I donot have any qualifications as mentioned in "employment Requirements". Whether I would be eligible ? Please advise. I have completed MBA in Finance.
Hi Krunal, I work for a CA firm and applied under this NOC. Can you please elaborate on your job duties? This NOC, as I understand it, is specific to financial auditing.

For example, my friend works in the internal audit department of his company. His job is to ensure the financial reporting is compliant with applicable accounting standards. He performs audit procedures to specifically test this. So although he does procedural audits [checking supervisor reviews for example] the goal is to get comfort that his company is complying with all the reporting requirements and will pass an external audit [like from me!]. This is an example of where being an "internal auditor" meets the NOC definition.

As financial reporting can get quite technical, specific training in one of the accounting designations is usually required. So based on the limited information that I have, I'm not sure you would meet this NOC's definitions. I suggest looking into NOC 1114 as this is much broader. Consider reaching out to HRSDC [I've heard people successfully get them to confirm the classification] as this is a technicality that may cause unnecessary delays.

klevi

Jul 10, 2015
Hi Kurnal7369,

I am an Internal Auditor too. Can you inform me what NOC did you choose?