+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1111 Accountant - LMIA HELP PLEASE!!!

emilywym

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hey,

I am working as an accountant in my current company in Toronto, ON since Oct/14, and my PGWP is going to expire Jul/16. I almost missed the PNP, which is because they are asking to apply within two-year graduation and I was graduated in Apr/12. :( And now I am planning to ask my employer to get LMIA to support my Express Entry application on Oct/15, which I will be qualified for one year experience under CEC on Oct/15.

1. Just wonder if it is possible for NOC1111 to get LMIA, any successful examples in 2015? and how long does it take? Because I think it is pretty hard to prove that the employer could not hire a Citizen to do accounting work.

2. It says "Employers applying for a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) must pay the TFW: at a minimum, the posted prevailing wage for the occupation and work location where the TFW will be employed. So the prevailing wage for NOC1111 is $30.77 (based on jobbank.gc.ca) or $21.00 (based on esdc.gc.ca)?

3. It says "Cap on Low-wage category Positions
Employers offering a wage to a TFW that is below the provincial/territorial median hourly wage will be subject to a maximum 10% cap on the proportion of low-wage TFWs. The cap will be phased in over the next 2 years to provide employers who use the Program with time to transition to a Canadian workforce.
Employers that have a low-wage TFW workforce will be:
limited to 30% or frozen at their current level, whichever is lower;
reduced to 20% beginning July 1, 2015; and
further reduced to 10% on July 1, 2016.
The 10% cap is the maximum percentage of low-wage TFWs that an employer will be allowed to have at a work site, as of July 2016.
Note:
There are a few exemptions to the low-wage cap requirement and these include employers that:
have fewer than 10 employees nationally, including the vacant positions they are applying to staff with TFWs.
are hiring TFWs for jobs that are truly temporary (e.g. emergency or warranty work positions).
are hiring TFWs for low-wage positions located in Quebec. "

So my company has less than 10 employees, and my wages can not reach $30.77, am I qualified for exempting from cap on low-wage? It seems no chance to get LMIA under cap on low-wage. :(

Guess there must be lots of people have the same situations as me, thank you very much for your help!!!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in NOC 1112 and IMO it's almost impossible to prove that a Canadian can't do the job of 1111 or 1112.

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
my noc is 1113 and my employer said it's impossible to prove that a canadian couldn't be found for this position even though I meet the wage requirement.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep - above posts confirming my thoughts and why I haven't even bothered to consider LMIA - just absolutely no way it would be approved by EDSC on the current parameters.

emilywym

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
:( Seems like nothing we can do, just improve language scores, and waiting for the points could reduce to less than 600

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any probability of getting in, if a person was CMA holder or CPA???

janeloveeasy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wage is based on provincial median.
But as you said ,we accountants ,can be replaced by Canadian.
But our company paid for our tution fee, that's an investment on us. Can't it be a supporting point ? If the foreign worker left, the company wasted their money.