+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC- 0631 RESTAURANT & FOOD SERVICE MANAGERS - EXPLAINED

S

shibuya

Canada is among world’s premier tourist and business destinations. Canada is a member of Group 8 and one of the developed nations in the world. It has been observed that in recent years, there has been a constant growth in the restaurant and food service sector in the nation. This has obviously led to an increase in the requirement of the number of professionals in this industry. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has recognized it by including Restaurant and Food Service Managers amongst the list of 29 occupations that have been opened for immigration and permanent resident visa under the skilled worker category to Canada.

One does not need a job offer or work permit to immigrate to Canada if meeting the requirements. He will be given immigration based on his professional qualifications and work experience.

Qualifying Criteria

1.Relevant work experience in the area of food service which must include experience as a supervisor.
2.A college degree or a diploma in Food or Hospitality and Beverage Service Management.
3.Experience of at least one year as a Restaurant manager or in the capacity of food and beverage manager
4.Experience of additional (besides one year as mentioned in 3 above) 2 to 3 years in other positions; overall experience (post qualification) of 2 to 4 years.
Duties & Responsibilities

All the Restaurant and Food Service Managers are expected to perform (at least for one year) some or all of the duties mentioned below:

•They are expected to plan and organize as well as control and assess the restaurant operations as also other F& B activities.
•Deciding on the services to be catered to and execution of other procedures pertaining to operations of the restaurant and or other F&B work areas.
•Overlooking recruitment processes as well as training of the staff in restaurant and/or in other F&B areas.
•Altering prices and processes as per the revenues monitoring and controlling inventories.
•Negotiating with clients for the purpose of catering and for other facilities such as banquets; with suppliers for food etc.
•Catering to customer complaints and following regulations pertaining to health and safety.
Above all, this profession is soon going to be one of the most sought after professions in Canada. The main reason behind this is the multicultural ambiance of the nation which caters to people from different ethnicities. And so, with people from different nations residing together, the need for multi cuisine restaurants tend to arise.

If you qualify the above requirements, you are not very far from reaching the next level in your career.

EanZer

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada is a great county. Actually, I have some plans to spend my days of my vacation in Canada this coming month. I wonder where is the best place there that I can stay? I also have some news that the foods there are really fantastic.

vikasbh

Sep 16, 2010
Hello everybody,

my name is vikas. I have done one year diploma in food and beverage service department from
chandigarh,India.and I have done B.com (pass) from delhi university.I was in dubai from 2005 to 2010.
in food and beverage department and i worked as shift incharge for 2 years out of that.currently I m in delhi working for Pizza hut as Restaurant Manager from last three months.I just want to know do I qualify for P.R.and do i get any points for my graduation as it was correspondence(not regular)

Thanks
Vikas

lost010

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
hello guys,
just wanted to know few things i have had experience as a restaurant manager but have no education in this field what so ever. but have master in computer. will i be able to apply under this category as a restaurant manager.
regards,
L.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
vikasbh said:
Hello everybody,
my name is vikas. I have done one year diploma in food and beverage service department from
chandigarh,India.and I have done B.com (pass) from delhi university.I was in dubai from 2005 to 2010.
in food and beverage department and i worked as shift incharge for 2 years out of that.currently I m in delhi working for Pizza hut as Restaurant Manager from last three months.I just want to know do I qualify for P.R.and do i get any points for my graduation as it was correspondence(not regular)ThanksVikas
Hi Vikas,
Shift Incharge is also referrerd to Shift Manager, Shift supervisor. If you have performed some or all of the duties and tasks mentioned above by shibuya, you are qualified for FSW1. For your current job, you will not be awarded any points as you have worked for only three months so far. In that case, you will be awarded points for two years. What do you mean by your degree was not regular? Was it completed on part time basis? If your degree is accredited and have been fully completed, you will be awarded points for that as well.
Here is just a bit of rough assessment that i came up with.

Education: 20 (A university educational credential of two years or more at the bachelor’s level,and at least 14 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies) this is where you may be best fit into, assuming that you have graduated from a university.
Language:.......how may points for your IELTS?
Experience: 17 (in occupations listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) under Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A and B;)
Arrange employment:0
Adoptability:?? Check how many points you could award yourself under this criterion

So far, you have scored about 47 (My assessment may totally be wrong, but just to give you an idea, i made that assessment with so little information you given here) So the outstanding points you need to make up is about 20. If you manage to get 22 points for your education, then things get even easier. If you are married and your spouse has post secondary education, you can also claim three or 5 points under adaptability factor. I assume that you have no previous work or education in Canada. your relatives in Canada can also get you points as well, of course only if you or your spouse have any. I ma sorry if i have confused you with so many IFs. Falling under one of MIs occupations list is not enough, we also have to have minimum points (67) for our application to be eligible for processing.
So i think you have over come the very first barrier of meeting MIs, that is your occupation being in the occupation list. See if you can score sufficient points, you would be one of the luckiest one to hit the final destination. I ma sure that the NOC code 0631 will continue to be in the occupation list in the years to come. So good luck wiith yours. One of my NOC codes is 0631 under which my application has been approved for processing.
ice cube (I am not an expert here)

bond22

Dec 4, 2010
Hi Ice Cube,
Thx for the info for 0631 category. I just need to know that what all docs needs to be submitted regarding employment because I have over 4 yrs exp but as Manager only 11 mths also note that I have only offer letter of that Managerial job. Is there any alternative. Kindly advise.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
bond22 said:
Hi Ice Cube,
Thx for the info for 0631 category. I just need to know that what all docs needs to be submitted regarding employment because I have over 4 yrs exp but as Manager only 11 mths also note that I have only offer letter of that Managerial job. Is there any alternative. Kindly advise.
Hi,
The documents that you are required to submit are listed in the visa office specific document checklist. what is your local CHC? you are working as a manager and have only completed 11 months so far? is that what you mean? Now, proof of employment can be vary according to your document checklist.
An offer of employment can be used as a proof. You may also have to submit an upto date reference letter, cope of your empoyment contract, pay slips and so on. If you have only done 11 months of that managerial occupation, you would better wait till you complete 12 months to be qualified for FSW if those previous work experience do not fall under NOC Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A and B;).
Let's welcome seniors' suggestions as well.
Good luck
Ice cube

bond22

Dec 4, 2010
Actually, I left the company after working for more than 11 months but 1 year wasn't completed. I can only arrange an offer of employment of that company & nothing else. I don't have a reference letter of that company, neither I have pay slips nor I have the employment contract. But I did work there that's a fact. The management there wouldnt help in any way as I left the company without notice & that also not on a good note because of the ill treatment by the management. Now kindly suggest what I should do. My CHC is New Delhi. My other experience is not there as per NOC list & same is the case with my current employment.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
bond22 said:
Actually, I left the company after working for more than 11 months but 1 year wasn't completed. I can only arrange an offer of employment of that company & nothing else. I don't have a reference letter of that company, neither I have pay slips nor I have the employment contract. But I did work there that's a fact. The management there wouldnt help in any way as I left the company without notice & that also not on a good note because of the ill treatment by the management. Now kindly suggest what I should do. My CHC is New Delhi. My other experience is not there as per NOC list & same is the case with my current employment.
Hi,
To be eligible for processing under these Instructions, the applicant on the date of application,must:
• have one year of continuous full-time (or equivalent part-time) paid work experience in the last ten years in one or more of the occupations listed.
Note: Applicants must have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in at least one of the listed NOCs and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs.Anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other employment that will begin shortly after the end of first contract, this break in continuity would be acceptable.
According to the above explaination quoted from OP 6 FSW, you are not qualified since you have only 11 months of experiences in 0631.
Is your current occupation under 0631? if yes, and how long have you been working for?

Regarding obtaining proof employement from your previous employer, you need to get your documents somehow. If not, the only option available to you is to write a letter explaining the reasons why you can not get the documents. However, you need to get your visa office specific document checklist first. It says what documents you are required to submit.
Ice cube

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Hi,
Visa office specific document checklist for New Delhi can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37029.pdf

Good luck
Ice cube

bond22

Dec 4, 2010
right now i am working as Area Manager in ice cream company & taking care of their 15 outlets,for more than a year now..i am not sure whether it is there in noc 0631..i am really interested to go to Canada..what to do??

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
bond22 said:
right now i am working as Area Manager in ice cream company & taking care of their 15 outlets,for more than a year now..i am not sure whether it is there in noc 0631..i am really interested to go to Canada..what to do??
Hi,
Please contact NOC canada first and see if your current occupation fall under NOC 0631 or one of the occupations listed.

what did your consultant say regarding your eligibility for FSW?

Ice cube

bond22

Dec 4, 2010
Hi,
my consultant told me that I can give a self declaration that i worked in that company for 12 months. However the fact is that my 12 months were not completed. Also the consultant told me that i can give self declaration of my duties & responsibilities. I am not sure whether this kind of declaration which is not complete fact, will do any good or not. My current designation doesnt come under 0631 because though I am in hospitality but the designation is not in Restaurant Management.

betsy

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 30, 2010
Nomination.....
none F/Docs Sent: Sep 21, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 28, 2010
IELTS Request
done-Jun 5,2010-sent w/ F.docs
File Transfer...
July 6'10
Med's Request
Sept.13, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.11,2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
April 4>sent April13
VISA ISSUED...
May 4,2012
LANDED..........
target date:July 2012
hi everyone, i applied for NOC 0631 in April 2010, my docs are in process right now, but still the processing time is the same as any other NOC's.. Right now i'm waiting for my med. request which was noted to be 90 days after the 2nd AOR dated Sept. 28, 2010. Just hoping for the best.

rajesh25

Jul 16, 2010
Hi Betsy is the 90 day time line after 2nd AOR also apply for the India, New delhi visa office????