+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc 0125 LMIA Approved, Work permit from India with Spouse and Child, should we start packing?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
So, i have an approved LMIA for owner operator program with NOC 0125 (Other business services managers ). I just submitted my work permit application for 1 year, along with open work permit for spouse and study permit for a year old child.

is it time to start packing or can the work permit be refused as well, even though i have approved LMIA job offer from my own company in canada?

PS, i have been refused TRV twice in last year to canada and hold Valid TRV to multiple countries including US, Japan, Europe, Australia etc.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The work permit can still be refused. Wait until it's issued to begin packing. You may find things happen like the work permit is approved and the spousal permit or child's visa are refused.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
The work permit can still be refused. Wait until it's issued to begin packing. You may find things happen like the work permit is approved and the spousal permit or child's visa are refused.
Thank you, thats what i thought. If one of them is refused, i think we aren't going at all. Hopefully that's not the case

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's also possible that your visa would be refused; while an LMIA certainly helps get a work permit, your previous refusals are also considered as part of the review process.

Reactions: canadavisaQs

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
It's also possible that your visa would be refused; while an LMIA certainly helps get a work permit, your previous refusals are also considered as part of the review process.

Understood

Both TRV were refused with reason that officer was not satisfied that i will return back to my home country at end of my intended stay. Should that reason still matter? I mean, technically yes but the goal of work permit to work for canadian employer and hopefully get extension and then PR etc, and i am sure they already know that.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Understood

Both TRV were refused with reason that officer was not satisfied that i will return back to my home country at end of my intended stay. Should that reason still matter? I mean, technically yes but the goal of work permit to work for canadian employer and hopefully get extension and then PR etc, and i am sure they already know that.
But sometimes things don't always work out as planned . That's why the expectation is that once the visa is done , you leave back to your home country

Reactions: canadavisaQs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So, i have an approved LMIA for owner operator program with NOC 0125 (Other business services managers ). I just submitted my work permit application for 1 year, along with open work permit for spouse and study permit for a year old child.

is it time to start packing or can the work permit be refused as well, even though i have approved LMIA job offer from my own company in canada?

PS, i have been refused TRV twice in last year to canada and hold Valid TRV to multiple countries including US, Japan, Europe, Australia etc.
Definitely wait until all of the visas have been approved before you quit your jobs or start packing or sell your house. Good luck.

mkashif

Jan 27, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Understood

I am sure you read below "official word"
"
Temporary resident

• 22 (1) A foreign national becomes a temporary resident if an officer is satisfied that the foreign national has applied for that status, has met the obligations set out in paragraph 20(1)(b), is not inadmissible and is not the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1).
  • Dual intent
    (2) An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay."
Best of luck