+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC-0113 - Purchasing manager Vs NOC -0731 Manager

RAJESH.BOMBAY

Jun 14, 2020
India
Hi All, need advice on selecting the right NOC for my profile my experience is close to these two NOC-0113 - Purchasing manager and NOC -0731 Manager

RAJESH.BOMBAY

Jun 14, 2020
India
Good day, Thank you for your response. My role is well defined in shipping management company and my CV has been assessed by 2 immigration companies and they have provided both NOCs 0113 & 073 are suitable for me. Now, I have to take a call to decide any one of them.

I would request if you could please provide your views on it for my decision.

Thank you.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
It's good to know that your role is well defined. However, no person can decide which NOC is more appropriate without that person knowing what you actually do. Your question is like the following:
A. Should I use a driver or a putter for the next shot?
B.Well, where are you on the golf course?
A. My position on the golf course is clearly marked.
B. I'm glad you're not lost, but without my knowing where you are on the course, I can't advise whether to use a driver or a putter.

RAJESH.BOMBAY

Jun 14, 2020
India
Good day Sir,

Thank you for your prompt response:

I had sent my all 10 years job experience, elaborating my job description in details to the immigration assisting companies and below are the points were sent back to me for the reconfirmation & selection (any one). I am very much convinced with both the NOCs as I am doing both the roles in details.

I have to choose any one of them & I am bit not sure that which will be more in demand? Appreciate your assistance.

1225 – Purchasing agents and officers

Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

• Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
  • Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
  • Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
  • Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
  • Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
  • Negotiate land acquisition or access rights for public or private use, and may conduct field investigations of properties
  • May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.

0731 – Managers in transportation

Managers in transportation operations plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of transportation companies such as railways, airlines, bus lines, municipal transit systems, shipping lines and trucking companies, under the direction of a general manager or another senior manager. Managers in transportation freight traffic plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate companies or departments responsible for the transportation and movement of goods, under the direction of a general manager or another senior manager. They are employed by transportation, freight forwarding and shipping companies and by transportation departments of companies in retail and manufacturing sectors and utilities.

This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Managers in transportation operations

• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a transportation company
  • Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods, and ensure compliance with transport regulations
  • Oversee the dispatch, maintenance and service of vehicles, vessels or aircraft
  • Control the company or departmental budget, including acquisitions
  • Monitor company's or department's performance, prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies
  • Recruit personnel and oversee their training.
Managers in transportation freight traffic
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of companies or departments responsible for co-ordinating, arranging and monitoring the transportation and movement of goods
  • Arrange for shipping documentation and oversee the scheduling and dispatching of goods and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
  • Set performance goals, oversee the setting of transportation service rates and monitor revenue
  • Develop plans and procedures for the transportation and storage of goods
  • Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
  • Control the departmental budget
  • Recruit personnel and oversee their training.

Jul 12, 2020
Good day Sir,

Thank you for your prompt response:
Hi, I'm also from the same 0731 group. You need to understand your present Role. Just look at both the Codes and decide the best suited. In India we are taught to be jack of all trades, but the same is not the case in Canada. In Canada we are expected to perform a specific task. So the Code needs to be as per that Code only. Just put a check on both codes, which has more checks, should be the winner, also to be based on the fact that what you want to do in future.

Jul 12, 2020
Hi, I'm also from the same 0731 group. You need to understand your present Role. Just look at both the Codes and decide the best suited. In India we are taught to be jack of all trades, but the same is not the case in Canada. In Canada we are expected to perform a specific task. So the Code needs to be as per that Code only. Just put a check on both codes, which has more checks, should be the winner, also to be based on the fact that what you want to do in future.
Quite correct, its not easy to let go of the habit of trying and doing all the activities involved in supply chain ! I'm also from same NOC 0731.