+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Wedding Photos! Will this be a problem?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
I got married in 2012 and i and my husband have been together all this time and have 2 kids too. But we dont have any wedding photos due to the fact that we dont take photos . As we hadnt planned to migrate so we thought it might not be something important. Now i will write my truth clearly to the vac because there is nothing we can do to have photos. Our id card and driving license and many other documents have the proof of us being a couple. the only thing that worries us is if i will gt the visa or not .because he has passed the exams and will be applying for canada bt if i and kids cant come then he will be moving back. This is something we are doing for us as a family so should we even try or are the canadian office very strict and wont understand our view. Is there any way we can write or talk to someone before he moves .
I don’t think that lack of wedding photos would be an issue in your case as you got strong proofs of being a couple for many years, lived together and have 2 children together so just submit all those proofs. They have more weight than the wedding pics anyway. In case IRCC asks for them later on in the process you can write a letter explaining your point of view that you and your husband don’t like taking pictures that’s why you didn’t take them on your wedding.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I got married in 2012 and i and my husband have been together all this time and have 2 kids too. But we dont have any wedding photos due to the fact that we dont take photos . As we hadnt planned to migrate so we thought it might not be something important. Now i will write my truth clearly to the vac because there is nothing we can do to have photos. Our id card and driving license and many other documents have the proof of us being a couple. the only thing that worries us is if i will gt the visa or not .because he has passed the exams and will be applying for canada bt if i and kids cant come then he will be moving back. This is something we are doing for us as a family so should we even try or are the canadian office very strict and wont understand our view. Is there any way we can write or talk to someone before he moves .
Your post isn't clear. Are you a Canadian sponsoring your spouse or are you both applying to immigrate? This section of the forum is for Canadian citizens and PRs sponsoring their family members. If you are not sponsoring your husband, you should move over to the EE or Skilled Worker sections of the forum.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks ukrainian girl.
My husband is american and he will be applying first then apply for me and kids.
You mean he will apply including you and the kids as non-accompanying. Then land as PR and then apply to sponsor you and the kids?

Why didn't he just apply with everyone? You need to go through medical and police check anyway.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can.he do.that.i mean apply with us
Most people apply with their family. And do you know which route he is applying under? Express Entry? PNP?

If he doesn't include you and your kids (accompanying or non-accompanying) in the application, he will NEVER be able to sponsor you in the future.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
We had a civil ceremony and due to a couple factors (Witnesses had only one phone and it died. We had no phones with cameras on them to have them take photos of and we simply did not feel confident enough and had plans to re-do an actual ceremony once we lost weight) did not take photos. Oddly enough, we had a few photos of our small honey moon in Niagara Falls and we were approved for US immigration 2 and 1/2 years later without any wedding photos.

I think some of the comments on here are just plain rude. I came here looking for some relief but just read that apparently us people who don't take photos are suspicious for not doing so.

Also, our marriage is same-sex, no family members would attend, so we simply didn't tell them about it and just did it (They expressed many times they would not come).

The only reason why we havent had a ceremony yet is because we didn't want to live a country apart from one another anymore, so we applied for US PR with hopes to do one down there, but money issues, stress and other life factors got in the way.

Instead of wedding photos, we submitted many photos of us thoroughout the years, going to Disney, visiting one another, going on outtings etc. You can physically see the weight gain and loss and gain again and it's almost 10 years worth. I'm sure that's what helped us get approved for US immigration.

Sure they might be useful and more warranted by the CIC, but I think showing your lives afterwards, the smiles, the many outtings, trips, adventures speaks way more than the typical onslaught of wedding photos most couples have. Everyone looks happy on their wedding day, but not everyone stays happy afterward.

Reactions: JoshC

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
You can physically see the weight gain and loss and gain again and it's almost 10 years worth.
The trials and tribulations of a relationship right there :p

Reactions: saddlepatch

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
The trials and tribulations of a relationship right there :p
Basically XD I pray the CIC sees that is like "Yeah they're fed, they're happy" LMAO

Reactions: JoshC