+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no valid passport to submit...please advise

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
i am permanent resident for last 16 years of Canada....in last 16 years i went out of country only once in jan 2009 for 3 months....and mine passport expired in 2009....never applied for new one .....currently planning to apply for citizenship.......never applied for pr card either....so planning to write a cover letter to explain above with photocopies of my expired passport......i hope it will be fine.....i recently applied for my parents pr using my landed paper...any advise will be appreciated......thanks

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amarpreetd said:
.......never applied for pr card either....so planning to write a cover letter to explain above with photocopies of my expired passport......i hope it will be fine
When you mentioned that you never applied for a PR card, I guess you meant to say it was not "renewed" yet. You may be having the expired PR card with you and ideally you should give a good cover letter detailing these aspects.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
ajithpl said:
When you mentioned that you never applied for a PR card, I guess you meant to say it was not "renewed" yet. You may be having the expired PR card with you and ideally you should give a good cover letter detailing these aspects.
no i never applied for one.....i became landed immigrat in 2000....no pr cards were issued back then..

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Prepare a good explanation letter for citizenship application, including landed documents, expired passports and anything else that could help

Apply for a new passport ASAP

I recommend apply for PR card simultaneously with Citizenship application (I guess some documents and calculated time should be the same)

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
h3a3j6 said:
Very interesting! How did you re-enter Canada in 2009?
there is s option if u don't have pr card you can send your passport to canadian embassy and get permanent resident travel document.......thats what i did to re entre

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Gregor.Samsa said:
Prepare a good explanation letter for citizenship application, including landed documents, expired passports and anything else that could help

Apply for a new passport ASAP

I recommend apply for PR card simultaneously with Citizenship application (I guess some documents and calculated time should be the same)
yes planning to apply for pr card at same time.......also thinking to send noa from year 2009.....working full time at same place so planning to send job latter with application