+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No updates for transferability factors!

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi!

I have updated my IELTS results in EE profile. In a day the points for a language itself were re-calculated BUT the points for transferability factors remained the same in spite of the fact that now I have CLB 9 and 10 for all four sections and it definitely should get me more scores.
I reported technicall issue three times and got only one response that I have to update my EE profile. But I have already updated it three times since than and nothing is changing... I called CIC agent and the only advice they provided was to "report technical issue".

I don't know what to do. It's unfair because I should get 50 additional points and I really worked hard to achieve these results for a language test.
Any recommendations? Should I withdraw this profile and create a new one? I just hate the idea to make all this work from scratch because of CIC system glitches...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
What's your education and work history?

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
kryt0n said:
What's your education and work history?
Two diplomas (one of them is an education longer than 4 years),
more than 10 years of proved foreign experience (NOC level O and A)
So it should bring 75 points for Transferability Education and 75 for Transf. Work Exp.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Judlu said:
Two diplomas (one of them is an education longer than 4 years),
more than 10 years of proved foreign experience (NOC level O and A)
So it should bring 75 points for Transferability Education and 75 for Transf. Work Exp.
Wait, 75? 50 is the max in each section.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
CRS – C. Skill transferability factors (Maximum 100 points for this section)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
kryt0n said:
Wait, 75? 50 is the max in each section.
No, there are two sections for each - Education and Work Experience.

this is what I should have:
EDUCATION:
Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
(Maximum 50 points) - 50
Points for education + 1 year of Canadian work experience
(Maximum 25 points) - 25

Work experience:
Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
(Maximum 50 points) - 50
Points for foreign work experience + 1 year of Canadian work experience
(Maximum 25 points) - 25

You can see - it gives 75 in total for each section

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
No, you have misread it. The entire section is skill transferability. The maximum you can get for all transferability is 100 points. No more.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
kryt0n said:
No, you have misread it. The entire section is skill transferability. The maximum you can get for all transferability is 100 points. No more.
That is correct, as Kryt0n said even if you get the 75 points for each section (as you calculated it), and even if it makes 150 in total, the maximum for that section is 100... so that is what you end up with... I did the same mistake ...

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Ezgi84 said:
That is correct, as Kryt0n said even if you get the 75 points for each section (as you calculated it), and even if it makes 150 in total, the maximum for that section is 100... so that is what you end up with... I did the same mistake ...
Really??? OMG, I had no idea about it... It seems not fair though...

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Judlu said:
Really??? OMG, I had no idea about it... It seems not fair though...
I was thinking the same since if one satisfies all of these factors, then why reduce the points.... But thinking it over again it should be balanced somewhere else in your application in order to be fair.... I am sure it has a meaningful explanation.... you are not alone :)

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Ezgi84 said:
I was thinking the same since if one satisfies all of these factors, then why reduce the points.... But thinking it over again it should be balanced somewhere else in your application in order to be fair.... I am sure it has a meaningful explanation.... you are not alone :)
You know, I think I'm just not lucky with this "Canadian project" at all. I updated my IELTS scores immediately after getting them and it was on March 01 BUT they were re-freshed in a system only the next day March 02. That is why I wasn't invited at the last EE draw. And the next one is gonna be on Match 15 what will be after my WP expiring date (March 09).
I don't know why they decided to shift the draw schedule but for me that shift means taking out my last chance to get a bridging work visa :((((

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Judlu said:
You know, I think I'm just not lucky with this "Canadian project" at all. I updated my IELTS scores immediately after getting them and it was on March 01 BUT they were re-freshed in a system only the next day March 02. That is why I wasn't invited at the last EE draw. And the next one is gonna be on Match 15 what will be after my WP expiring date (March 09).
I don't know why they decided to shift the draw schedule but for me that shift means taking out my last chance to get a bridging work visa :((((
Because there is no schedule, just a pattern. They could draw tomorrow.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
Judlu said:
You never know, sometimes things happen for a reason but I just want to tell you, dont give up on it at this point, I thought getting an ITA was the "thing" however I never thought getting reference letters and all the other stuff would be this time consuming... I understand your concern regarding the system and this 24 hr to update thing actually messed up a lot of peoples applications....

Judlu

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Ezgi84 said:
You never know, sometimes things happen for a reason but I just want to tell you, dont give up on it at this point, I thought getting an ITA was the "thing" however I never thought getting reference letters and all the other stuff would be this time consuming... I understand your concern regarding the system and this 24 hr to update thing actually messed up a lot of peoples applications....
Yes, I agree.

And that is why I think that the schedule of EE draws should be a thing that may be changed sporadically without any announcements. Because lots of people make their plans and test arrangements in connection with this schedule. It's disgusting to the people's efforts. If CIC would like to shift draws I think they have to announce it in advance just to at least give people a chance to adjust their plans respectively.