+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update on visitor visa processing time

Ginny Dhillon

Jun 12, 2019
I have submitted my application on 27th April 2019 for visitor visa And I have given my biometrics but after biometrics I have no update on my application till status is still in processing which already exceeded according to site and I don’t know why every time processing time of canada tourist visa updating when I have submitted my application at that time processing time is 17 days but now it show 30days
Even application I have submitted is online still no update on it
Please help on it

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I have submitted my application on 27th April 2019 for visitor visa And I have given my biometrics but after biometrics I have no update on my application till status is still in processing which already exceeded according to site and I don’t know why every time processing time of canada tourist visa updating when I have submitted my application at that time processing time is 17 days but now it show 30days
Please help on it
Processing times are just estimates and are based on the time taken to process applications in past(for that country)

1. What is Eligibility and Background saying?
2. Are Bios updated online?
3. Did you receive any acknowledgement email (inbox/span not online account)?
4. Did you receive the correspondence Letter yet?

Ginny Dhillon

Jun 12, 2019
Below steps showing on my application when I my checking online status
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility->Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results->You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents->We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview->You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics->We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check->We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision->Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

2.Are Bios updated online?
Yes, received biometric number and expiry date of biometrics

3.Did you receive any acknowledgement email (inbox/span not online account)?
Yes have received mail from donotrepy@cic.gc.ca with my application no to check online status. I have submitted the application online

4.Did you receive the correspondence Letter yet?
Not clear with this question 4, please elobrate it.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
1. Generally, if Eligibility is not in "reviewing" status it means the processing has not started yet
2. This is good
3. These emails are generic, I mean did you get an email saying "Visitor Visa Acknowledgment", which is also a sign that the processing has started. Check your inbox and spam for this
4. You will get a Correspondence Letter in your online account which is a validity letter of your bios. You will get this right when a decision is being made on your file, as seen in most cases.

Below steps showing on my application when I my checking online status
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility->Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results->You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents->We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview->You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics->We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check->We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision->Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

2.Are Bios updated online?
Yes, received biometric number and expiry date of biometrics

3.Did you receive any acknowledgement email (inbox/span not online account)?
Yes have received mail from donotrepy@cic.gc.ca with my application no to check online status. I have submitted the application online

4.Did you receive the correspondence Letter yet?
Not clear with this question 4, please elobrate it.

Ginny Dhillon

Jun 12, 2019
1. Generally, if Eligibility is not in "reviewing" status it means the processing has not started yet -> I have submitted application on 27th April 2019, as per site it show 30 days processing time. Still I don't get it why the application is not reviewed yet.
3. These emails are generic, I mean did you get an email saying "Visitor Visa Acknowledgment", which is also a sign that the processing has started. Check your inbox and spam for this -> Nope I haven't received any such mail, mail which I have received "your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."
4. You will get a Correspondence Letter in your online account which is a validity letter of your bios. You will get this right when a decision is being made on your file, as seen in most cases-> I haven't received any such letter on application. On my application able to see only below point under message about your application

Biometrics Collection Letter
Submission Confirmation
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
1. Generally, if Eligibility is not in "reviewing" status it means the processing has not started yet -> I have submitted application on 27th April 2019, as per site it show 30 days processing time. Still I don't get it why the application is not reviewed yet.
3. These emails are generic, I mean did you get an email saying "Visitor Visa Acknowledgment", which is also a sign that the processing has started. Check your inbox and spam for this -> Nope I haven't received any such mail, mail which I have received "your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."
4. You will get a Correspondence Letter in your online account which is a validity letter of your bios. You will get this right when a decision is being made on your file, as seen in most cases-> I haven't received any such letter on application. On my application able to see only below point under message about your application

Biometrics Collection Letter
Submission Confirmation
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
The processing times are just estimates. And some files are difficult over other.

You are over the processing time now, you can send a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) using the IRCC webform but they 7-30 days to reply that.

Ginny Dhillon

Jun 12, 2019
The processing times are just estimates. And some files are difficult over other.

You are over the processing time now, you can send a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) using the IRCC webform but they 7-30 days to reply that.
Hi,
I'm not getting why processing time getting update weekly for UK only.

Now onsite it show 35 days processing time

Ginny Dhillon

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
I have raise issue regarding my application on IRCC web forum. But always I get same reply from(Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) after 5days. Below mail highlighted in red

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We have verified the information you have provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on June 6, 2019, transferred the information to the responsible office.
Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in London, United Kingdom, we invite you to contact them too in order to:
Report important changes,
Provide documents,
Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
Enquire on an outcome to a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.
Once you select the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may contact them.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

But I have applied online, How the application is still in london.
And on website the address which they have given that is of VFS global, which they say we don't handle online application.

One more question:-> As per my previous travel history I have traveled USA on H1B and then I went to India and I was in India for one year, now I in UK on work permit, is they going to take lot time to process my application, my home town is India.

ABS6602

Jun 10, 2019
Hi,
I have raise issue regarding my application on IRCC web forum. But always I get same reply from(Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) after 5days. Below mail highlighted in red

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We have verified the information you have provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on June 6, 2019, transferred the information to the responsible office.
Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in London, United Kingdom, we invite you to contact them too in order to:
Report important changes,
Provide documents,
Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
Enquire on an outcome to a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.
Once you select the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may contact them.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

But I have applied online, How the application is still in london.
And on website the address which they have given that is of VFS global, which they say we don't handle online application.

One more question:-> As per my previous travel history I have traveled USA on H1B and then I went to India and I was in India for one year, now I in UK on work permit, is they going to take lot time to process my application, my home town is India.
you have to choose London office when you address your query on the web forum even if your application is online.

Ginny Dhillon

Jun 12, 2019
Hi

On my application I got update Original Passport Request.

As in passport requirement there is one point(Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.) which I have doubt,

As I know we get tourist visa of 10 years, but if they give me two year of visa, Is it later on again I have to go with same process of tourist visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

On my application I got update Original Passport Request.

As in passport requirement there is one point(Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.) which I have doubt,

As I know we get tourist visa of 10 years, but if they give me two year of visa, Is it later on again I have to go with same process of tourist visa?
Yes - you have to reapply again.

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Please help on it
did you received visitor visa