+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Congratulations, I am just waiting for mine, hope it wont be too late.
thanks. you will get it soon.
Also, If you will be applying for the passport soon, I noticed the most recent posters have gotten their passport in 2 weeks.
while posters a month ago reported 4 weeks or more.

Reactions: ajanarth and TARTAR

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
thanks. you will get it soon.
Also, If you will be applying for the passport soon, I noticed the most recent posters have gotten their passport in 2 weeks.
while posters a month ago reported 4 weeks or more.
I just got my ATIP request created a month ago, weird enough the case notes says "citizenship certificate will be mailed 13th October 2020 while my citizenship ceremony was on 30th Sep 2020" :rolleyes:

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
I just got my ATIP request created a month ago, weird enough the case notes says "citizenship certificate will be mailed 13th October 2020 while my citizenship ceremony was on 30th Sep 2020" :rolleyes:
A little delay but you will eventually get it. Main thing is your oath is done so be happy.:):):)

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
A little delay but you will eventually get it. Main thing is your oath is done so be happy.:):):)
Yeah, I am not complaining ;)

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes around 2 weeks to print the certificate

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
I applied in August 2019 and my test was on 21st January 2020. Still not DMed and no oath invitation yet. I contacted cic and I was told it's because of COVID. Is this normal? I came to canada in 2010 :(
I applied in Montreal.
I was wondering if you have received your oath invitation yet! My ecas is still the same!

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Hi all, how long does it take before ECAS status updates to Complete after oath ceremony? I took my oath last Thursday (Scarborough office) and the status still hasn't changed. Should I be concerned at this point?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi all, how long does it take before ECAS status updates to Complete after oath ceremony? I took my oath last Thursday (Scarborough office) and the status still hasn't changed. Should I be concerned at this point?
Based on what people have reported so far, the status changes once IRCC sends you the certificate, mostly within few days.
Since the certificate can be sent in 2-4 weeks, this may also vary. But don't worry you are all good and will get the certificate soon.
Other than waiting I don't think there is much anyone can do at this point. Of course you can send an email(same id where you sent the signed oath form)/webform enquiring about the certificate but be prepared to hear the standard response that it takes 2-4 weeks and due to covid it may take longer.
Unfortunately clarity of communication was never the strength of IRCC, specially in covid.
All the best. Take care!

Reactions: TARTAR and funmohan

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Based on what people have reported so far, the status changes once IRCC sends you the certificate, mostly within few days.
Since the certificate can be sent in 2-4 weeks, this may also vary. But don't worry you are all good and will get the certificate soon.
Other than waiting I don't think there is much anyone can do at this point. Of course you can send an email(same id where you sent the signed oath form)/webform enquiring about the certificate but be prepared to hear the standard response that it takes 2-4 weeks and due to covid it may take longer.
Unfortunately clarity of communication was never the strength of IRCC, specially in covid.
All the best. Take care!
Appreciate the response Srinivas :)

Reactions: s23srinivas

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Applied for Passport September 17 and received my passport October 22... I assume my Certificate will arrive in a couple days

SherMOH

Aug 24, 2020
All the best. Take care!
My oath ceremony was on 28th Sept and My ecase showed complete first week of Oct. I called IRCC two weeks ago they told my my certificated mailed on Oct. 2nd. I called them yeaterday they told me still not mailed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Should I write to them better?

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
My oath ceremony was on 28th Sept and My ecase showed complete first week of Oct. I called IRCC two weeks ago they told my my certificated mailed on Oct. 2nd. I called them yeaterday they told me still not mailed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Should I write to them better?
No need to write them, expect delays

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Call them again to check what they have to say.

If I were you then I would have mailed them about this experience and asked for a clarification expecting their response as a miracle!

Or better put it on IRCC's twitter/facebook page and any other such platform.

mvdr

Jun 30, 2015
For some reason the April 2019 thread was deleted?? I can't find it. But just sharing:
My application started processing April 2019
Passed the test Oct 2019
Got DM status Nov 2019
Last week (Oct 2020) my status went back to In Process
and today it's in DM again. It's been a year and half almost and still waiting. Hamilton office.

Reactions: TARTAR