+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I just reached out to IRCC through webform and sent a shameful question out of desperation, trying to rattle someone's cage to get an adequate response.
You don't have to be ashamed cause its your right to ask IRCC as they should be held accountable for all the delays.

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
You don't have to be ashamed cause its your right to ask IRCC as they should be held accountable for all the delays.
IRCC should be shameful not me, I asked them a question that they should be shameful to get one such. One should be ashamed of getting paid and not to work call it system, process whatnot still doesn't justify.

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
IRCC should be shameful not me, I asked them a question that they should be shameful to get one such. One should be ashamed of getting paid and not to work call it system, process whatnot still doesn't justify.
Apparently IRCC including most government departments have been using the 699 leave to be fully off during the pandemic with full pay.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-public-servant-699-leave-with-pay-1.5657743

They've been doing this for a while, not sure if any shame left!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Did you get a Citizenship certificate Number, after your ceremony, just curious.... I wanted to know if I can apply for passport before getting the physical citizenship certificate mailed to my address.
A citizenship certificate number is needed on the passport form.
I want to apply for my passport atleast 2 days after my zoom ceremony. Rather than wasting 2-4 weeks waiting for the physical citizenship certificate.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Did you get a Citizenship certificate Number, after your ceremony, just curious.... I wanted to know if I can apply for passport before getting the physical citizenship certificate mailed to my address.
A citizenship certificate number is needed on the passport form.
I want to apply for my passport atleast 2 days after my zoom ceremony. Rather than wasting 2-4 weeks waiting for the physical citizenship certificate.
You will need to add an original of your citizenship certificate ( this is a must as proof of citizenship ) if you are applying via mail. If you are applying in person you need to show an original of your citizenship certificate.

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Mississauga Office:

1 applicant
Apply July 2019
Passed test March 2020

Decision made the day after on ECAS

Call from unknown number August 11- schedule Zoom oath in 2 weeks. Agent said an email will follow up with the details e.g. exact time and instructions

Email Aug 24: Confirmation and instructions of Virtual Ceremony

Virtual Ceremony completed today, lasted about 30 mins - Group Ceremony

No previous oath schedule

billcheng

Nov 22, 2019
Mississauga Office:

1 applicant
Apply July 2019
Passed test March 2020

Decision made the day after on ECAS

Call from unknown number August 11- schedule Zoom oath in 2 weeks. Agent said an email will follow up with the details e.g. exact time and instructions

Email Aug 24: Confirmation and instructions of Virtual Ceremony

Virtual Ceremony completed today, lasted about 30 mins - Group Ceremony

No previous oath schedule
Almost same timeline, apply July 2019, pass test Feb 2020, June I moved from Nova Scotia to Ontario , no response so far

HMJC

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Calgary
Done my virtual oath today in Calgary.

very smooth process:
1- check 2 pieces id: driving license and health card
2- swear the oath
3- sign the oath form and cut the PR cards.

took 30 mins
Certificate to be mailed and received within 2 to 4 weeks

thank you everyone. Best of luck !!!

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016

very smooth process:
2- swear the oath

took 30 mins

Did you use a computer, Where you had to download zoom,? Or you just access through the link sent.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Did you use a computer, Where you had to download zoom,? Or you just access through the link sent.
@Alberta30 You can do it either on laptop (with webcam) or mobile phone (with front-facing camera). You can download and install Zoom app. After, you can also test it for checking audio/video quality, speakers, good distance to ensure full face picture up to the shoulders, etc. It's up to you how you feel more comfortable with either of the devices. Here are the links for Zoom:

https://zoom.us/download
https://zoom.us/test

Reactions: elcabalito2017

tjj2786

Aug 28, 2020

very smooth process:
2- swear the oath

took 30 mins

Do we need to print out the Oath form to be signed after the ceremony or i can electronically sign the document and email them back. the email says i can prefer to sign electronically if i want.
But the remainder phone call from IRCC mentioned to have the print out ready. Those who had completed ceremony did you take printout and sign it physically?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Do we need to print out the Oath form to be signed after the ceremony or i can electronically sign the document and email them back. the email says i can prefer to sign electronically if i want.
But the remainder phone call from IRCC mentioned to have the print out ready. Those who had completed ceremony did you take printout and sign it physically?
If you plan to sign the oath form electronically then you don't need to keep a print out ready during the oath.
Just do the electronic signature procedure after the oath and email it back. I did mine electronically and am done with all the stages of citizenship.
All the best!

Reactions: Msjanjan

tjj2786

Aug 28, 2020
If you plan to sign the oath form electronically then you don't need to keep a print out ready during the oath.
Just do the electronic signature procedure after the oath and email it back. I did mine electronically and am done with all the stages of citizenship.
All the best!
thanks a lot. congratulations on your citizenship