+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
I got an email invite for virtual ceremony... instructions said I should sign and SCAN the form... has anyone taken a picture with their phone of the signed form instead. I don’t have a scanner and taking a picture is quicker and can be done immediately.
I hAve my ceremony tomorrow, planning on just taking a picture and editing it to fit the image. There is honestly no difference in scanning or taking a pic, pics are probably of better quality.

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
I hAve my ceremony tomorrow, planning on just taking a picture and editing it to fit the image. There is honestly no difference in scanning or taking a pic, pics are probably of better quality.
Congrats to u. I think I might just sign the electronic version. But u can ask them tomorrow at ur ceremony and then let us know if they will accept a pic. Tnx in advance.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Congrats to u. I think I might just sign the electronic version. But u can ask them tomorrow at ur ceremony and then let us know if they will accept a pic. Tnx in advance.
She said “You can either scan or take a picture” so you’re good!

also note, they didn’t ask me to cut up the card in front of them. I got to sign and cut after the call, and within 5 minutes I received an email with the instructions again, and to reply to that with the pictures.

Salinas_CA

Jun 18, 2020
So I got my decision made status 2 weeks ago, and since then - nothing. Whats interesting is that "decision made" came exactly 1 year from when they received the application.

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
She said “You can either scan or take a picture” so you’re good!

also note, they didn’t ask me to cut up the card in front of them. I got to sign and cut after the call, and within 5 minutes I received an email with the instructions again, and to reply to that with the pictures.
Thanks

HMJC

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Calgary
Do you actually become a citizen once you do the oath, or when you get the certificate ?
Is there any proof of citizenship other than the certificate after doing the oath ?
Wha if the certificate is lost for some reason ?

Kamite

Jan 7, 2019
Montreal
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-01-2015
Do you actually become a citizen once you do the oath, or when you get the certificate ?
Is there any proof of citizenship other than the certificate after doing the oath ?
Once you do the oath of citizen. From now, if your certificate is lost you will have to ask for a new one by applying for a certificate...

Reactions: Msjanjan and HMJC

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
A baby born in Canada is a citizen at the moment they leave their mum's belly, before it's registered by the hospital, and would still be a citizen if he loses the birth certificate, which proves that citizenship status. Same logic :)

Reactions: HMJC

Caitlyn T

Apr 21, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
I got an email invite for virtual ceremony... instructions said I should sign and SCAN the form... has anyone taken a picture with their phone of the signed form instead. I don’t have a scanner and taking a picture is quicker and can be done immediately.
If you download a free app on your phone called CamScanner, it allows you to take a picture and send it as a .pdf. We use this at my office all the time. Only thing is there is a watermark on the bottom that says something to the effect of "scanned with CamScanner". Not sure if that would make a difference, but it's in pdf format.

Reactions: lulykibuly

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Got the virtual oath invite:

Application: July 2019
DM: Feb 2020
Oath invite: Aug 26, 2020
Oath date: Sep 2, 2020
Centre: Scarborough

Yours on the way!!!

All the best guys!!!

Reactions: elcabalito2017

Ghandi

Aug 7, 2020
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Got the virtual oath invite:

Application: July 2019
DM: Feb 2020
Oath invite: Aug 26, 2020
Oath date: Sep 2, 2020
Centre: Scarborough

Yours on the way!!!

All the best guys!!!

Congrats! May I ask if this was a phone call or e-mail invite ?

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
I just reached out to IRCC through webform and sent a shameful question out of desperation, trying to rattle someone's cage to get an adequate response.