+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Saryaz

Aug 20, 2020
I also applied in August 2019, my test was on January 16, 2020. I still have no DM and no oath invitation. I called and also contacted via web form multiple times, always they said it is due to COVID 19 and there is no problem in my file. I too am from Montreal.
Thank you. So I guess Montreal office is just slow and it's not just me.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Lol I get what your saying but be happy about the fact that Montreal seemed to process twice as fast as the GTA before that. It took you 5 months before applying to get and invite for the test but for most others that takes 12 months.

• Wow
Reactions: NAC10

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
I do not know how they work, but I have seen people from Montreal who applied in September and October 2019 and had tests on February and March 2020, received and attended their oath last week. But the good news is Montreal is doing it in a big platform like around 67/69/70 people in one zoom oath session. Hopefully, our turn will come soon.

Reactions: Hmj58 and Saryaz

Saryaz

Aug 20, 2020
I do not know how they work, but I have seen people from Montreal who applied in September and October 2019 and had tests on February and March 2020, received and attended their oath last week. But the good news is Montreal is doing it in a big platform like around 67/69/70 people in one zoom oath session. Hopefully, our turn will come soon.

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
Lol I get what your saying but be happy about the fact that Montreal seemed to process twice as fast as the GTA before that. It took you 5 months before applying to get and invite for the test but for most others that takes 12 months.
Before the pandemic, it will take around 7/8 months for Montreal to complete the process.

mrcmrc

Jun 1, 2020
I received my Citizenship Certificate by mail after my virtual ceremony on August 12, 2020. Can anyone confirm where to find the citizenship certificate number? Is it the number in the lower-left corner (under the effective date)? Thanks in advance.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I received my Citizenship Certificate by mail after my virtual ceremony on August 12, 2020. Can anyone confirm where to find the citizenship certificate number? Is it the number in the lower-left corner (under the effective date)? Thanks in advance.
Yes.
It appears in the back of the certificate too! Please turn the certificate and check:)

HarpD

Jun 13, 2019
Is there any information available as to how many applicants still await the oath......seems like the Vancouver/Surrey IRCC has still to proceed with the virtual oath ceremonies....my DM was on the March 4th 2020,,,,

mianbo0123

Aug 20, 2020
How about you ECAS status? is it changed to complete or still showing Decision Made?

If that is changed to Complete then i guess your Oath Ceremony form would have been received. Also if they wouldn't have received by now they would have tried to communicate to you.
My status is still just showing Decision Made. Nobody has contacted me for the signed form. Any suggestions?

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
I got an email invite for virtual ceremony... instructions said I should sign and SCAN the form... has anyone taken a picture with their phone of the signed form instead. I don’t have a scanner and taking a picture is quicker and can be done immediately.

mvdr

Jun 30, 2015
I would suggest you to contact them through web form/Phone to check if anything is pending from your end.

Best of luck
I have been on Decision Made status since Nov 2019 :( I've contacted them through the webform a couple of times for the last few months but they just reply to me that they have verified and confirmed that all the required documents have been received and that my application is still in progress and is delayed because of COVID. Would giving them a call be more helpful instead of the web form?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I have been on Decision Made status since Nov 2019 :( I've contacted them through the webform a couple of times for the last few months but they just reply to me that they have verified and confirmed that all the required documents have been received and that my application is still in progress and is delayed because of COVID. Would giving them a call be more helpful instead of the web form?
Calling them wont hurt.
If you get the same reply then I will suggest you to order your GCMS/ATIP report to see further details about the processing.

SherMOH

Aug 24, 2020
I got email 20 days ago subject Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest from NiagFalls.
We are reaching out to inquire if you would be interested and available to participate in a virtual citizenship ceremony. No date specified.
I replied yes. Since then no contact. Any one has experienced the same?