+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Proud to be canadians...

Here is my time line
Application sent : 5th February 2019
Application Received : 11th February 2019
AOR : 4th April 2019
In Process : 6th May 2019
Test 1 for citizenship : 27th Jan 2020 (Postponed as i was out of country)
Test 2 for citizenship : 9th Mar 2020
Phone from IRCC received:- 6th Aug,2020
Virtual oath mail received: 14th Aug,2020
Virtual oath: - 17th Aug,2020
in process for 8 months? omg...

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Guys, do you know how far away a rescheduled oath would be from an initial invitation? Thinking of rescheduling a virtual oath invite. Thanks

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Guys, do you know how far away a rescheduled oath would be from an initial invitation? Thinking of rescheduling a virtual oath invite. Thanks
In the current situation when applicants from as far back as March/April 2019 having a decision made are waiting for their oath invite, I will not be surprised rescheduling a virtual oath invite might push you back by another 6-8 months minimum.
But I am no expert, just speculating based on comments from forum members about their agonizing waiting experience.
All the best and take care.

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
In the current situation when applicants from as far back as March/April 2019 having a decision made are waiting for their oath invite, I will not be surprised rescheduling a virtual oath invite might push you back by another 6-8 months minimum.
But I am no expert, just speculating based on comments from forum members about their agonizing waiting experience.
All the best and take care.
I totally agree with you. There would definitely be a delay

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Did anyone receive an invite today?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Did anyone receive an invite today?
I did, this morning.

- Applied Jan 2019
- Test Feb 2020
- No ceremony invite before COVID shut things down
- Email asking if I agree to virtual ceremony on Aug 5
- Email inviting me to virtual oath ceremony Aug 19, scheduled for Aug 25

Kitchener office

Reactions: EUK

mianbo0123

Aug 20, 2020
My Virtual Oath Ceremony via Zoom took place on July 24th.
I am in Montreal, QC
I still haven't received my Citizenship Certificate, although the instruction indicates that we are going to receive it by mail within 2-4 weeks.
I called IRCC today, they told me they haven't started to process it and haven't mailed it yet. There is even no record of receiving my signed Oath Ceremony form which I sent on the same day right after the Oath Ceremony. They explained that this is a new process and because of Covid19, it is slow and I just need to wait and have patience.

It looks that I am far behind other people's process in this thread in terms of receiving the Citizenship Certificate. Does anyone have a similar case?

navneetsibal

May 2, 2014
How about you ECAS status? is it changed to complete or still showing Decision Made?

If that is changed to Complete then i guess your Oath Ceremony form would have been received. Also if they wouldn't have received by now they would have tried to communicate to you.

My Virtual Oath Ceremony via Zoom took place on July 24th.
I am in Montreal, QC
I still haven't received my Citizenship Certificate, although the instruction indicates that we are going to receive it by mail within 2-4 weeks.
I called IRCC today, they told me they haven't started to process it and haven't mailed it yet. There is even no record of receiving my signed Oath Ceremony form which I sent on the same day right after the Oath Ceremony. They explained that this is a new process and because of Covid19, it is slow and I just need to wait and have patience.

It looks that I am far behind other people's process in this thread in terms of receiving the Citizenship Certificate. Does anyone have a similar case?

Saryaz

Aug 20, 2020
I applied in August 2019 and my test was on 21st January 2020. Still not DMed and no oath invitation yet. I contacted cic and I was told it's because of COVID. Is this normal? I came to canada in 2010 :(
I applied in Montreal.

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
I applied in August 2019 and my test was on 21st January 2020. Still not DMed and no oath invitation yet. I contacted cic and I was told it's because of COVID. Is this normal? I came to canada in 2010 :(
I applied in Montreal.
I also applied in August 2019, my test was on January 16, 2020. I still have no DM and no oath invitation. I called and also contacted via web form multiple times, always they said it is due to COVID 19 and there is no problem in my file. I too am from Montreal.

Reactions: Saryaz