+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
It was just an email asking me if I am available for virtual oath.

I asked about the process and documents because I am planning within Canada and wanted to keep all documents required handy with me at all times.

I immigrated in 2001 and that time they didnt even have pr cards and I got a brown paper but sometime in late 2011 or something I got a pr card made. But that also expired about 3 or more years ago and i never got it renewed.

So i was wondering what kind of IDs would i need. ( LOL)
Wow 2001 that's long back :)

Anyway congratulation for your journey so far and the upcoming oath.

Expired PR card is fine. Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688) / Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002.

All the best.

Reactions: Canadiana2001

klitaz

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-6-2014
Doc's Request.
charged 01/08/2015
Nomination.....
PER 02-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Hi Guys

A quick update

Applied on 1st march 2019

Passed test on 5th feb 2020

Was DM since 14th feb

Last week about 9 days ago I got an email asking if I am ok with virtual ceremony. I am from hamilton office.

I replied confirming that I am available and ok with it. Since then I have no news. Would senior members kindly guide me on the process from here on...

What would I need in terms of documentation?
How much time it will take?
How would my documents be verified etc ?

Rgds
Nice to see some movement in Hamilton. Hoping I will hear some good news soon myself.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Would like to see some Alberta activity as well
There are many guys from Calgary who'd already reported having taken the Oath of Citizenship virtually.

The ongoing virtual oath ceremonies all across Canada are sort of cloud or integrated platform i.e. you could be included in a ceremony run from a different office.

Salinas_CA

Jun 18, 2020
There are many guys from Calgary who'd already reported having taken the Oath of Citizenship virtually.

The ongoing virtual oath ceremonies all across Canada are sort of cloud or integrated platform i.e. you could be included in a ceremony run from a different office.
Thanks Mike. I hope so. I'm supposed to travel out of Canada last week of September, I was hoping to have everything done by then but now I'm not sure anymore.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Thanks Mike. I hope so. I'm supposed to travel out of Canada last week of September, I was hoping to have everything done by then but now I'm not sure anymore.
Everyone, who's applied for citizenship, will eventually get through the process to finally become a Canadian citizen. The subtle difference is just of time — some sooner, some later.

Canadiana2001

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Update guys

I got an email today with an oath invite

Timeline

App sent 27 feb 2019
App recieved 1st mar 2020
Aor 2 may
In process 4th july
Fingerprint somewhere in nov.
Interview 5th feb
DM 14th feb 2020
Email for confirmation for virtual oath 27th July
Oath invite 6th aug 2020
Virtual oath 12th aug 2020

Office Hamilton

Will keep all posted

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Forum Members
To day I have received my Canadian Citizenship Certificate and finally my journey to Canada is complete now. My virtual oath was on 22nd July,2020. I am thankful to all members for time to time guidance, encouragement and lot of information provided to me in absence of which my journey could not have been successful. Wish all the members who are waiting for oath or test for and early achievements. Regards

mrcmrc

Jun 1, 2020
I received an email invitation for the Canadian Citizenship Ceremony by video on 12 August 2020. The email provided all the details and asked me to respond only if I cannot attend the event or if I have any questions. Does anyone who received such an email reply with a confirmation? This email is the first one I received and it is an invitation email. I did not receive any other email/phone calls like others for confirmation of the virtual ceremony. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I am planning to go directly to the virtual ceremony as it seemed pretty straight forward to me. Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated. TIA

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I received an email invitation for the Canadian Citizenship Ceremony by video on 12 August 2020. The email provided all the details and asked me to respond only if I cannot attend the event or if I have any questions. Does anyone who received such an email reply with a confirmation? This email is the first one I received and it is an invitation email. I did not receive any other email/phone calls like others for confirmation of the virtual ceremony. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I am planning to go directly to the virtual ceremony as it seemed pretty straight forward to me. Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated. TIA
Congratulations for the invite.

You dont have to reply to confirm your attendance. Just show up for the virtual ceremony.

Rest is all straightforward as you have seen in the email.

All the best.

Reactions: HMJC

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Forum Members
To day I have received my Canadian Citizenship Certificate and finally my journey to Canada is complete now. My virtual oath was on 22nd July,2020. I am thankful to all members for time to time guidance, encouragement and lot of information provided to me in absence of which my journey could not have been successful. Wish all the members who are waiting for oath or test for and early achievements. Regards
Congratulations again!
Just curious to know does the certificate come from the local processing office or that too comes from cpc nova scotia where we send our applications at the beginning of the citizenship processing?

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Congratulations again!
Just curious to know does the certificate come from the local processing office or that too comes from cpc nova scotia where we send our applications at the beginning of the citizenship processing?
Thanks for greetings. In fact senders name has not been written only in postage stamps it is written IRCC.

shka_10

Dec 12, 2015
Congratulations again!
I believe it comes from the local processing office . As my officer had mentioned to me that she will have the certificate mailed out once she receives signed affirmation of Citizenship form from my end

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014
What is the email id which we get oath invitation from?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Update guys....... :):)

I received phone call to attend virtual oath on 17th Aug

Timeline

App received 11 Feb 2019
Test: 9th Mar 2020
DM 10th march 2020
Call received for invitation for Virtual Oath: 6 Aug 2020
Virtual oath 17th aug 2020

Office Mississauga

I thought ECAS will update today. But there is no update in ECAS.