+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Families and individuals who have received virtual oaths are positing their ceremony pictures, screenshots and videos on Facebook, Instagram etc. Well, congratulations to all of them.

Looking at screenshots, it is clear that, IRCC offices are still doing ceremonies for "one-on-one" clients or family cluster. i.e. 10 ceremonies (clients) per day*. IRCC hasn't started any Phase II* yet where they're supposed to accommodate group ceremonies (20 participants per ceremony) as transition back to offices with availability of larger video screens. I guess they're not back to offices yet or don't have larger screens.

How will the one-on-one style cover the backlog of thousands ceremony ready clients? I'm literally looking a long waiting period ahead. In March IRCC promised weeks; and weeks have now turned into months...!!

*Source: PDF document: Citizenship_ATIP. Citizenship Virtual Ceremonies and Tests

Zaza8800

Jul 16, 2020
Families and individuals who have received virtual oaths are positing their ceremony pictures, screenshots and videos on Facebook, Instagram etc. Well, congratulations to all of them.

Looking at screenshots, it is clear that, IRCC offices are still doing ceremonies for "one-on-one" clients or family cluster. i.e. 10 ceremonies (clients) per day*. IRCC hasn't started any Phase II* yet where they're supposed to accommodate group ceremonies (20 participants per ceremony) as transition back to offices with availability of larger video screens. I guess they're not back to offices yet or don't have larger screens.

How will the one-on-one style cover the backlog of thousands ceremony ready clients? I'm literally looking a long waiting period ahead. In March IRCC promised weeks; and weeks have now turned into months...!!

*Source: PDF document: Citizenship_ATIP. Citizenship Virtual Ceremonies and Tests
I really don't know what to say this sounds like a long process I keep telling myself not to think about it because otherwise I will go crazy.

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
I really don't know what to say this sounds like a long process I keep telling myself not to think about it because otherwise I will go crazy.
Hope IRCC could read this forum and understand how many people are suffering from the long wait. Personally I cannot understand why people under Decision Made status have to wait a couple of months to be invited to a ceremony!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For most people it won't change their everyday lives. Many jobs don't require much travel these days so unless you need Canadian citizenship for your job (pretty rare) you don't need citizeship asap. The only people who really benefit are the ones wanting to live outside of Canada. I understand that citizenship is important but it is still a very fast overall timeline. Some people from IRCC were dispatched to deal with more urgent things like CERB during covid. The system seems to be gradually coming back online.

Reactions: edward22

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
Hope IRCC could read this forum and understand how many people are suffering from the long wait. Personally I cannot understand why people under Decision Made status have to wait a couple of months to be invited to a ceremony!
for IRCC is most important customer health ... after all comes my friend .

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
For most people it won't change their everyday lives. Many jobs don't require much travel these days so unless you need Canadian citizenship for your job (pretty rare) you don't need citizeship asap. The only people who really benefit are the ones wanting to live outside of Canada. I understand that citizenship is important but it is still a very fast overall timeline. Some people from IRCC were dispatched to deal with more urgent things like CERB during covid. The system seems to be gradually coming back online.
for IRCC is most important customer health ... after all comes my friend .
Yes, IMO the case processing is relatively fast... But the general DM to Oath wait time is way too long for most people even before the pandemic took place. Would you disagree with me?

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
Yes, IMO the case processing is relatively fast... But the general DM to Oath wait time is way too long for most people even before the pandemic took place. Would you disagree with me?
I mean pandemic time from March and now ..I have no info before

bwrani

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
GCMS - The Global Case Management System

It is an official document by IRCC. It will give you a complete picture of your application. It contains updates, explanation and remarks by a case processing officer pertaining to your application. It is issued on applicant's specific request.

REF.:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/privacy-impact-assessment/global-case-management-system-2.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
Hi GCMS notes I am planning to request so I have to make selection as Request general records or Request Personal information.