+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
What's your thoughts about my case guys ? This seems weird to me!
sent my application on April 22, application received on April 24, precessing on August 1, got invitation for the exam on January 22 (had 19/), got invitation for aoth ceremony on Feb 14 had to attend it on March 14 which was cancel! On my profile onlineit says DECISION MADE till Jan 24th
Now I can see people who applied after me getting oath invitation throug Zoom...
Week ago I lost my brother in my home country and would love to go attend the 40th days...
Send IRCC two times emails which they answer, but not clearly (can find those infos on line). But now I don't know what to do!! Should I contact them again or just keep waiting like that ??? Your thought
Can anyone comment on whether Kamite's case falls under urgent processing?

I am in a similar situation. My oath was on March 21st and got cancelled. My PR expires in August and my current passport expires in another 10 months. I wonder what qualifies under urgent processing, or if it is totally left to circumstancial interpretation from IRCC.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems like a big virtual ceremony is being organized on July 1

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Those who write well better start drafting a petition asap. I am seeing a backlog coming up. When they don't know what to do, they do nothing! It is IRCC (formerly CIC). I know them! What we should request:

Option 1: A relaunch of in-office operations right away
Option 2: If 1 if not feasible (in some parts of Canada), turn everything virtual but must be DONE at a much faster pace and more systematic than now. At the moment, they do virtual sessions for individuals only, it will take AGESSSS to clear all the backlog at the current pace.

Address the petition to Minister of CIC and Immigration Critic of the Opposition Party.

My 2-cent, thanks!

Reactions: rubz9911

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Virtual oath done today ...great experience. All the best for all of you and hopefully you celebrate yours soon.
Congrats... Can you please share your timelines?