+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
This is great! But what is meant by "some"? Are they still giving it a try and based on the "some" sample they will decide? Or making it available for "urgent" cases. It is not clear at all.
Sounds like the some sample includes urgent cases + those who already had a scheduled ceremony date before it was cancelled.
Then it seems like they will begin scheduling those who have passed their tests but didn't receive an oath date.

Reactions: elcabalito2017

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds like the some sample includes urgent cases + those who already had a scheduled ceremony date before it was cancelled.
Then it seems like they will begin scheduling those who have passed their tests but didn't receive an oath date.
my oath was 19 march .. got cancellation email on 14th march . still no update , i dont know what sequence they are using here.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my oath was 19 march .. got cancellation email on 14th march . still no update , i dont know what sequence they are using here.
Which city are you located? It seems like most recent virtual ceremony cases are either in GTA or Edmonton/Calgary area.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
@sydcarton I think, the word "some" as mentioned by IRCC in a recent short statement on its website, apparently reflects the sequence of applicants' cases as you pointed out above. Having said that, IRCC is yet unpredictable and their words, statements etc, in such a context, seem to be unclear and sort of little complex to decipher.

elcabalito2017

Mar 21, 2017
My oath was scheduled for March 17 in Edmonton, haven't anything either. Getting rather impatient now.
Impatient?? There is a pandemic going on right now, and you are getting impatient because your oath ceremony got delayed so lives ca be saved?!?! This is beyond ridiculous dude..

Reactions: Mrva21

Eagerciti

Jan 18, 2020
Impatient?? There is a pandemic going on right now, and you are getting impatient because your oath ceremony got delayed so lives ca be saved?!?! This is beyond ridiculous dude..
Screw you for lambasting my impatience you ignorant fool. You have no absolutely no right to judge how I feel.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Screw you for lambasting my impatience you ignorant fool. You have no absolutely no right to judge how I feel.
@Eagerciti I can understand your feelings. Of course, the long-awaited would-be citizens have associated their future plans, excitement, celebrations etc with the new citizenship, and indeed it causes frustration, impatience and it's totally natural. IRCC again has just stepped in and officially started video oath ceremonies. Hopefully, they'll expand it from "some" to "more".

Last edited:

mrcmrc

Jun 1, 2020
The way everything is opening up in different provinces, I think IRCC might also consider opening in-person oath ceremonies with proper physical distancing guidelines.

Reactions: Stephany.1