+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Received oath invite yesterday and did not see the email! Missed my oath ceremony this morning. :(

Feeling very sad and dejected. Did anyone else face this situation? I was told that the ceremony will be held again within 2 weeks. But unsure if they'd actually reschedule me to a date within 2 weeks.
oh no!! how did you miss it? did you try to contact them?

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
oh no!! how did you miss it? did you try to contact them?
I just did not monitor my email as I had a very busy day at work. I wont blame them, but it'd have ben nice if they gave a bit more notice.
The citizenship clerk called me and said she'd book us in for another ceremony in 2 weeks.

Reactions: lulykibuly
Sep 15, 2020
Hi all, i received email from Hamilton office 2 weeks ago asking me if i am interested in doing the virtual oath and i must reply within 5 days, i did reply the next day but until now i didn't hear back from them... is it normal to wait all this with no reply from them?
When did you take your written test? I took mine in Nov 2019 and haven't received any oath invitations since.

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Did any Ottawa candidate recently got virtual oath ceremony invite? I don't see any movement in Ottawa office.

dookilooki

Sep 6, 2013
i got my oath invite for 1st Oct, i want to know if there a way to pick up the certificate in person faster than mailing? i need to travel for family medical case by 6 October.
in the oath invite email, they say the certificate will be mailed in 2 weeks and reach to us if you need it earlier. Anyone had experience in expediting certificate and passport for medical travel?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
i got my oath invite for 1st Oct, i want to know if there a way to pick up the certificate in person faster than mailing? i need to travel for family medical case by 6 October.
in the oath invite email, they say the certificate will be mailed in 2 weeks and reach to us if you need it earlier. Anyone had experience in expediting certificate and passport for medical travel?
Certificate cannot be picked up but can be expedited and passport can be applied for in urgency as it is a medical travel.

You can let them know using the webform or by replying back to the invite (though it says do not reply). The reply goes to them but they do not acknowledge it's receipt. But in case of emergency they might.

All the best!

dookilooki

Sep 6, 2013
Certificate cannot be picked up but can be expedited and passport can be applied for in urgency as it is a medical travel.

You can let them know using the webform or by replying back to the invite (though it says do not reply). The reply goes to them but they do not acknowledge it's receipt. But in case of emergency they might.

All the best!
do you know what is the fastest time to get the certificate and passport? in case i show them a proof of family medical case

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
do you know what is the fastest time to get the certificate and passport? in case i show them a proof of family medical case
Some applicants in this forum have reported of getting their certificates in 4 days while most others have reported to have got it within/around the 2 weeks mark from the oath date. This is without asking for expediting the service. So not sure what can be the fastest that IRCC can provide you with one.

Depending on individual's urgency passport can be availed in less than 2 days to 30 days. You can check this using the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport/how-apply.html

As per the link, for less than 2 days service you will have to call Service Canada Passport Call center while for services within 30 days you will have to submit an online form and it may take up to 2 days for Service Canada to call you back with instructions on how and where to apply.

All the best!

msignup

Jun 13, 2020
Hi all need some urgent advice pls. On the oath affirmation document. There is field File number. Should i be putting the application number there or group file number.... i applied along with my daughter. Can someone pls advice

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Hi all need some urgent advice pls. On the oath affirmation document. There is field File number. Should i be putting the application number there or group file number.... i applied along with my daughter. Can someone pls advice
Don’t fill or sign anything prior. They’ll tell you what to do after the oath during the call and welcome any questions that you have.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Kitchener office:
- Test Feb 6
- Virtual oath Aug 25
- Received certificate Sep 17 (3 weeks 2 days)

cla3107

Jan 19, 2014
Hi Guys, so I was waiting for a new date for my Citizenship Oath Ceremony as my original date of March 18, 2020 was cancelled by IRCC due to Covid. I did not hear back from them until yesterday when I get an email to redo my fingerprinting as the old one had expired. I had done it initially as part of the process and then did my test and had got the ceremony date. The delay was clearly from their side and this is going to further push back my Oath ceremony date. So frustrating. Anyone else in the same situation?

trucvynguyen

May 1, 2017
vancouver office:
hey guys i have received an oath invitation for next monday sept 21 at 1030 am so excited :)
just wonder if someone could share experiences when you participated the virtual ceremony:)
much appreciated
all the best to everyone