+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Yes, any new system changes requires advertising for the work, tender process, vendor selection and then implementation. It will probably be 9 months to a year before they move to an online system. But in the meanwhile, they have to process the incoming and received applications so I am hoping that they continue to process and issue AORs at least.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, any new system changes requires advertising for the work, tender process, vendor selection and then implementation. It will probably be 9 months to a year before they move to an online system. But in the meanwhile, they have to process the incoming and received applications so I am hoping that they continue to process and issue AORs at least.
Exactly, when government employees in most developed countries are back in action... Nobody would have bothered if citizenship process was free but here people pay 630 per person so in return people should have some clarity...

Reactions: rubz9911

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Exactly, when government employees in most developed countries are back in action... Nobody would have bothered if citizenship process was free but here people pay 630 per person so in return people should have some clarity...
paying 630 is not a privilege but an requirement for your citizenship be to processed

Reactions: elcabalito2017

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
As you all have read the news that CIC is revamping their processes to adapt to "new normal" settings which may include online apps and virtual ceremonies etc. However they are still accepting new paper based apps. Question is how CIC will operate both systems, paper based and paperless, and how would they ensure that people who applied paper based applications are processed ahead of apps through new system, I sincerely hope the still use first in first out model and should avoid having backlogs of paper apps. Any thoughts?
Massive revampment of application system, processes etc ..... It's all about time gain strategy and seemingly a new valid excuse to hold on/delay the [.......................] and you guys know very well why the govt is deliberately doing so.

Revamp would start off and go on but very slowly in a typical Canadian style, so to speak.

Last edited:

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
IRCC tweeted on its official twitter webpage:

"Hi. On March 14, 2020, in response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, IRCC cancelled all citizenship ceremonies, tests and re-tests until further notice. The Department began holding video ceremonies on April 1st beginning with individuals and families whose citizenship ceremony had been cancelled, and who had contacted IRCC noting the need for citizenship urgently for reasons such as employment requirements. Ceremony ready clients are now being contacted to schedule video ceremonies. Individuals should wait to be contacted about their video ceremony date."

Ref.:

Last edited:

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Still no update :( My oath was scheduled for March 13th (Montreal). Got cancellation email on March 12th.
I think Montreal was moving slower than a turtle, but it's ok if i will have my oath in 2021, i did my citizenship test last November 2019 until now no oath invitation in Montreal.

• Sad
Reactions: shghamidi

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
I have done my test/interview in Feb 2020 and waiting for Oath, now I am moving from Edmonton to Ontario what will be the effect on my Oath.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Good morning everyone.

Delighted to say that this morning I received an email inviting me to take part in a virtual oath on June 24th.

My initial oath date was set for March 17th in Edmonton.

Good luck to all and speedy tests and oaths.
May I know if you're 2018/2019 applicant?