+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update for visit visa application since Nov 2020

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
Hi,

What to do if my visit visa application for my father who lives in UAE has no update since Nov 2020!
How do i check when they will approve it?
Worth noting that my father took the visit visa twice before, visited me, and returned to UAE and the current application is merely a renewal for the exipred visit visa.

Appreciate your advice

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no such thing as a renewal if he is in UAE. He is applying for a new visitor visa. Since processing is at least a year from UAE, he is within current processing times.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks @Naturgrl - have you seen this : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

they're advising ppl submitted their visit visa applications to re-submit again?! what does change in situation means? how long the new process will take (assuming they're saying it will be faster)?
Has the situation changed? When you applied did you apply for “Covid exemption” for family reunification. If so, then no. Processing times may not change.

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
When we applied in Nov 2020, COVID vaccine was just announced and there was no process in IRCC to deal with this.
Could you please explain what does "situation changed" means?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When we applied in Nov 2020, COVID vaccine was just announced and there was no process in IRCC to deal with this.
So you are PR/citizen and never applied (or updated your file through webform) for your father to prioritize his file as he qualified for Covid travel exemption and wants to reunite with family, correct? Processing from UAE is at least a year so not sure when he applied if no update since November 2020.

My opinion only but if you reapply not sure processing times is faster. There are other threads on this forum about reapply after September 7 so seek guidance from them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dod your father apply for family sponsorship? Where is your mother? is she still living in Canada?

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
So you are PR/citizen and never applied (or updated your file through webform) for your father to prioritize his file as he qualified for Covid travel exemption and wants to reunite with family, correct? Processing from UAE is at least a year so not sure when he applied if no update since November 2020.

My opinion only but if you reapply not sure processing times is faster. There are other threads on this forum about reapply after September 7 so seek guidance from them.
Thanks

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
Dod your father apply for family sponsorship? Where is your mother? is she still living in Canada?
No - only visit visa. despite we choose the supervisa option but they gave him a normal visa that expired and we are re-submitting the same. Not sure if their decision is based on his nationality, he holds a Palestinian travel document issued by Egyptian authorities for Palestinian refugees. do you think this is why they did not give him a supervisa?