+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update after passing test

dgeo

Feb 24, 2016
Just checking if anyone else is in a similar situation. I applied for citizenship in April 2019, got an invitation to take the test in Dec 2019. Passed the test but they said they're still conducting a background check. I haven't received any updates since then.

I understand that due to covid19 things will slow down, but does anyone know a good way of finding out what the current status is regarding the status of background checks? I sent them an email asking for an update and got a standard reply saying they are still processing and its delayed due to covid19.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Just checking if anyone else is in a similar situation. I applied for citizenship in April 2019, got an invitation to take the test in Dec 2019. Passed the test but they said they're still conducting a background check. I haven't received any updates since then.

I understand that due to covid19 things will slow down, but does anyone know a good way of finding out what the current status is regarding the status of background checks? I sent them an email asking for an update and got a standard reply saying they are still processing and its delayed due to covid19.
What is you current eCAS status?