+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

no update after AOR1, any experience why?

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Hi there,

I know that we are not the only ones that didn't get any updates after AOR and I was just wondering if anyone could share their experience. Did your GCMS notes say anything useful? Was the application even refused? Did you end up hiring a lawyer? Did you also find that once you finally did get SA, that the rest of your application also seemed to be slower than most?

I was invited to a What's App group with applicants in the same situation but I do not have whats app and am not interested in getting it just for this so I would be happy if someone could still share their experience here.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I would recommend calling to see if they sent any correspondence that you might have missed. do you have your application linked or have access to ECAS?

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
I would recommend calling to see if they sent any correspondence that you might have missed. do you have your application linked or have access to ECAS?
I guess I should have mentioned some more details here.
We called them for the first time in the end of July and they told us to call back a month later. So we did and then the agent said that what he sees is unusual. Supposedly our application is incomplete, but as you most likely know, they normally return it without even starting the process or they ask you for additional documents. So this agent said that he'd request a more detailed reason and that we should call again two weeks later. We did and there was no response yet from Sydney so we were told to wait another two weeks. So last week we called them again and this time the agent said that there still is no response but that usually we should wait 60 days and not call every two weeks, meaning we will call at the 30th of October next.
We also just ordered GCMS notes.
We can't link yet because only my husband got a UCI so far. We asked on the phone and they said that we can't link at this point.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
that's really unfortunate, usually if an application is incomplete and being returned, they do it quickly. it's unusual that they are hanging out to your application. sorry your going through this.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
It is quite nerve wracking. I don't even see a reason why. Our relationship should obviously be genuine with three children and I thought that maybe we would have trouble proving that my husband will move back to Canada but I never thought that our application would be put on hold for no reason.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
It is quite nerve wracking. I don't even see a reason why. Our relationship should obviously be genuine with three children and I thought that maybe we would have trouble proving that my husband will move back to Canada but I never thought that our application would be put on hold for no reason.
no reason for them to hold it based on your relationship as they don't asses the relationship until much later in the process. hang in there until Oct 30th. if you want a quicker answer try contacting your MP. they will be willing to help as the election gets closer. and they might be able to get a quicker response way before the 30th.

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
Hey, I am also waiting here after AOR1. :( so slow with no communications or response. Ordered GCMS notes but have not recieved them yet. Sent out an inquiry on webform, and called them several times over the past months. But no news.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Sorry to tell you that having children does not prove a relationship to be genuine or not, IRCC doesn't use this to prove genuineness. Something else must be bothering IRCC about your application, did you use a representative for your your applications? Was there any misrepresentation? If not, did the sponsor and the PA filled out their own applications and signed (hand signature) appropriately? Does anyone have a criminal record? At this point you need to look at every reasons why this is not moving forward. I guess you will need to wait for your GCMS notes.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Sorry to tell you that having children does not prove a relationship to be genuine or not, IRCC doesn't use this to prove genuineness. Something else must be bothering IRCC about your application, did you use a representative for your your applications? Was there any misrepresentation? If not, did the sponsor and the PA filled out their own applications and signed (hand signature) appropriately? Does anyone have a criminal record? At this point you need to look at every reasons why this is not moving forward. I guess you will need to wait for your GCMS notes.
We did not use a representative because it seemed like our application is a pretty straight forward one.
The only thing that I thought maybe would be a problem is that we really only gave them the minimum number of documents of proof of living together that they asked for. But we didn't give them less than what they asked for. We figured that they don't need more than what they asked for didn't want to get for example our whole rental agreement translated. It's a lot of words so it would be pretty expensive for them not even caring about every single detail about it.
We triple checked everything and signed everything. I think that not signing something would have ended up in getting the application returned right away. We have no criminal records. I really can't think of anything that could be wrong and that they wouldn't just tell us right away. My brother in law was known to the police and my husband keeps thinking that maybe it is related to him even though that would be quite unfair. They can't refuse him to sponsor me because of his brother, right?
I posted this thread because I know that this happens to other people and I was hoping that someone could give me some insight. I really believe that if there was something wrong, they should have told us already. And if it is true that something is incomplete why the heck do they not ask us for additional documents?

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Hey, I am also waiting here after AOR1. :( so slow with no communications or response. Ordered GCMS notes but have not recieved them yet. Sent out an inquiry on webform, and called them several times over the past months. But no news.
When did you order your notes? I would love to hear if they help you understand the delay at all once you get them.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
no reason for them to hold it based on your relationship as they don't asses the relationship until much later in the process. hang in there until Oct 30th. if you want a quicker answer try contacting your MP. they will be willing to help as the election gets closer. and they might be able to get a quicker response way before the 30th.
Would they really waste their time trying to help us? I would think they have more important things to do. Did anybody actually ever contact them for immigration reasons?

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Would they really waste their time trying to help us? I would think they have more important things to do. Did anybody actually ever contact them for immigration reasons?
Very many people go to mp if they are over 12 months. If u are having problems with your file u can call ircc, order gcms notes, and go to MP. He will be able to find out what is the problem on your file.
What’s on your ecas? What’s the date of your acknowledgment of receipt?

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I have been in contact with my MP from the start and they give me updates every couple of months (nothing really going on in my case) but yes they are there for that reason, many people would only recommend contacting them if you go over 12 months, but I pay my taxes for a reason :p. in your case you are stuck and no one seems to know what is going on, MPs are not miracle workers but they can at least get an answer and put your mind at ease.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I guess I should have mentioned some more details here.
We called them for the first time in the end of July and they told us to call back a month later. So we did and then the agent said that what he sees is unusual. Supposedly our application is incomplete, but as you most likely know, they normally return it without even starting the process or they ask you for additional documents. So this agent said that he'd request a more detailed reason and that we should call again two weeks later. We did and there was no response yet from Sydney so we were told to wait another two weeks. So last week we called them again and this time the agent said that there still is no response but that usually we should wait 60 days and not call every two weeks, meaning we will call at the 30th of October next.
We also just ordered GCMS notes.
We can't link yet because only my husband got a UCI so far. We asked on the phone and they said that we can't link at this point.
Wow, that's unfortunate. I'm really sorry this has happened to you.

You do have unlimited patience though :) In your case I would have ordered GCMS notes long ago. They can actually help you see where an application has stuck. Usually the notes contain 30+ pages, but really only a few lines on the last page (or somewhere close to an end of the file) are useful. Those lines are usually real words from an officer working on your application and making notes as what have been received and what the next step is.

And go to your MP, that's for sure. Right now you have all rights to do so, your application is stuck for unknown reason for a long time, and an MP is the best person to go to. They should help.

Reactions: lion.com

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Wow, that's unfortunate. I'm really sorry this has happened to you.

You do have unlimited patience though :) In your case I would have ordered GCMS notes long ago. They can actually help you see where an application has stuck. Usually the notes contain 30+ pages, but really only a few lines on the last page (or somewhere close to an end of the file) are useful. Those lines are usually real words from an officer working on your application and making notes as what have been received and what the next step is.

And go to your MP, that's for sure. Right now you have all rights to do so, your application is stuck for unknown reason for a long time, and an MP is the best person to go to. They should help.

Maybe I was patient for a little too long. This whole application not processing is giving me a lot of anxiety. We wanted to move to Canada before our son would start school just so we don't need to pull him out just after he got used to this new chapter in life. We are thinking of moving there before our application has finished processing though we want to wait for SA, BM and the medical exam before we decide on a date.

I didn't really know about GCMS notes and thought they were only for applications that already had been transferred to the visa office.

Since my husband is living here in Germany with me, is it even possible to talk to a MP? I guess we will research that and then try to reach one on Monday.