+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Strong Ties for Parents

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Hello everyone!

Ive been wanting to invite my parents here, 64 and 66yo. My mom has not worked since we were born, my dad stopped working and retired for a few yrs. They dont own any properties under their name (my mom have an inheritance from my grandparents but the title has not been fixed), they are receiving pension but not a lot, no businesses and I send them financial support on a monthly basis. They only have 3 dogs. I really just want them to visit here, to have a look at Canada - we bought a new home here and want to show it to them. I am unable to go to my home country as my passport expired and awaiting citizenship application.

I have no intention of letting them stay even more than 3 months. I’m in a same sex relationship with whom they think is my bestfriend and none of our parents know. Should I mention this?

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Reactions: BullsBelle

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
If you are financially sound, and it seems from your post that if include your parents you are total 4, so see LICO for 4 is 48,167 $ so if you have taxes more than that then file SUPER VISA, your parents income or financial ties wont matter. Only you need to buy thier insurance first and submit it along with application. read the link for super visa

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html
Thank you. We really dont want to go the supervisa route because they’re only planning to stay for max 3 months. If we getsuper visa insurance for 1 yr and they leave Canada after 3 mos, will I be able to cancel the remaining months?

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Thank you. We really dont want to go the supervisa route because they’re only planning to stay for max 3 months. If we getsuper visa insurance for 1 yr and they leave Canada after 3 mos, will I be able to cancel the remaining months?
I believe yes you may cancel insurance but talk to the insurance agent. He will tell you few ways around it. Go for a more deductible insurance too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can always try for a TRV first. Have they travelled internationally in the past 5 years to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc? Assume they must have a lease you can include. Sometimes parents are approved for TRVs without very strong applications. You never know.

Reactions: dny0821

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello everyone!

Ive been wanting to invite my parents here, 64 and 66yo. My mom has not worked since we were born, my dad stopped working and retired for a few yrs. They dont own any properties under their name (my mom have an inheritance from my grandparents but the title has not been fixed), they are receiving pension but not a lot, no businesses and I send them financial support on a monthly basis. They only have 3 dogs. I really just want them to visit here, to have a look at Canada - we bought a new home here and want to show it to them. I am unable to go to my home country as my passport expired and awaiting citizenship application.

I have no intention of letting them stay even more than 3 months. I’m in a same sex relationship with whom they think is my bestfriend and none of our parents know. Should I mention this?
Hey just checking to see if you applied for Super/Visitor visa and got any response ?

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
You can always try for a TRV first. Have they travelled internationally in the past 5 years to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc? Assume they must have a lease you can include. Sometimes parents are approved for TRVs without very strong applications. You never know.
Is TRV same as Visitor visa ?

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
In my personal experience Visitor visa without strong ties has a high chance of rejection, unless one gets lucky.

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Congrats man! happy for you, what did you show for strong ties to the home country?
what i submitted are the following
- letter of invite from a local MP
- letter of support from me and my partner indicating why we want my parents to come (visit, spend time together)
- NOA, T4As, payslip from me and partner (no bank statement provided)
- pension statement for parents (not a lot)
- mom’s inheritance (not named under her yet but a document showing she will inherit a part of the land)
- mentioned on the letter we have 3 family dogs and my brother and all her other relatives are still there

this is everything. i think it really depends on your explanation of why parents will be staying here. i really didnt show much. the letter from our MP also helped as it attests that parents will be visiting and ill be taking care of them and wont burden canada

Reactions: Ivric

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
what i submitted are the following
- letter of invite from a local MP
- letter of support from me and my partner indicating why we want my parents to come (visit, spend time together)
- NOA, T4As, payslip from me and partner (no bank statement provided)
- pension statement for parents (not a lot)
- mom’s inheritance (not named under her yet but a document showing she will inherit a part of the land)
- mentioned on the letter we have 3 family dogs and my brother and all her other relatives are still there

this is everything. i think it really depends on your explanation of why parents will be staying here. i really didnt show much. the letter from our MP also helped as it attests that parents will be visiting and ill be taking care of them and wont burden canada
Thanks, man, ya it could be the letter from MP which could have tilted the balance in your favor. So can I call or email my local MPs office to attest my letter of invitation ? or is this something they would draft over an appointment ?

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Thanks, man, ya it could be the letter from MP which could have tilted the balance in your favor. So can I call or email my local MPs office to attest my letter of invitation ? or is this something they would draft over an appointment ?
my MP has a draft of their own, they just ask details about your parents