+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No status... Help!!

Eshan123

Oct 25, 2014
Hi Everyone, Really need help from you guys as i am stuck. My 1 year PGWP expired in October 2014. I applied under CEC a week later then it expired ,means in my restoration period. Also i applied for extension or restoration of my status the next day of my work permit expiration. I hired a representative for my case. So In january 2015 I got my CEC application back because of the overall cap reached for CEC. Also my representative said that they told us to reapply in Express Entry now. But as my IELTS was expired i have to wait to apply in Express Entry. I did not got any response from my representative about my status of restoration application. He kept on telling me that it is on hold and no decision yet. After giving IELTS in february 2015, he told me that he made my profile for express entry. Then after about 2 months i.e in May 2015 i kept on asking him(my representative) that whats my CRS for express entry and what about my restoration application? He did not gave me any straight answers apart from telling me that you are fine and told me in June that I have to do my education credentials from WES. I really started doubting him and i e-mailed CIC finally in June 2015 about restoration application status. I was shocked after reading their reply that they refused it in April 2015 because of no PR application on file at that time. Now clearly i am out of status and overstaying. Now please someone suggest me something, i really worked hard here, established myself. what options i have now? Can filing a complaint against my representative help me? How can i get into some status again ? I had such a good record here before but in trouble now. Will really appreciate everybody's sincere help. Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Eshan123 said:
Hi Everyone, Really need help from you guys as i am stuck. My 1 year PGWP expired in October 2014. I applied under CEC a week later then it expired ,means in my restoration period. Also i applied for extension or restoration of my status the next day of my work permit expiration. I hired a representative for my case. So In january 2015 I got my CEC application back because of the overall cap reached for CEC. Also my representative said that they told us to reapply in Express Entry now. But as my IELTS was expired i have to wait to apply in Express Entry. I did not got any response from my representative about my status of restoration application. He kept on telling me that it is on hold and no decision yet. After giving IELTS in february 2015, he told me that he made my profile for express entry. Then after about 2 months i.e in May 2015 i kept on asking him(my representative) that whats my CRS for express entry and what about my restoration application? He did not gave me any straight answers apart from telling me that you are fine and told me in June that I have to do my education credentials from WES. I really started doubting him and i e-mailed CIC finally in June 2015 about restoration application status. I was shocked after reading their reply that they refused it in April 2015 because of no PR application on file at that time. Now clearly i am out of status and overstaying. Now please someone suggest me something, i really worked hard here, established myself. what options i have now? Can filing a complaint against my representative help me? How can i get into some status again ? I had such a good record here before but in trouble now. Will really appreciate everybody's sincere help. Thanks
1. Sorry to say, but you don't have a choice, you have to leave Canada, unless you wish to get removed by CBSA. You can file a complaint, but you still have to leave.