+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No signature from immigration officer in COPR on landing..is this fine?

AdiSat

Oct 16, 2019
Hi Guyz. I got the same issue that the immigration officer has not stamped my COPR at the airport and I am already inside Toronto... can anyone advice where to start to get this corrected. Tried calling the help centre but its a n endless loop of call waiting, unfortunately could not speak to the agent to get their advice...

Feb 27, 2019
Hi Guyz. I got the same issue that the immigration officer has not stamped my COPR at the airport and I am already inside Toronto... can anyone advice where to start to get this corrected. Tried calling the help centre but its a n endless loop of call waiting, unfortunately could not speak to the agent to get their advice...
I got the same problem. Plus, no stamp in my passport. Only thing, i have been here for 5 months before i realized that. It is because i am not receiving my pr card and i need to go to Member of Parliament to seek for advice. And im telling you i am facing a big problem, i need to apply for visitors visa extension explaining why. And all my documents and my expired copr needs to send to manila philippines to get another copr and again explanation is needed.detailed by detailed. I am in implied status for now. Dont wait till your copr expired.

chocozstar

Dec 3, 2019
Hi, today September 3rd 2021, I have been put in the exactly same situation as yours. I have arrived 3 days ago and learnt this error. Please advise how did you or anyone in the same situation resolved the issue?

chocozstar

Dec 3, 2019
I got the same problem. Plus, no stamp in my passport. Only thing, i have been here for 5 months before i realized that. It is because i am not receiving my pr card and i need to go to Member of Parliament to seek for advice. And im telling you i am facing a big problem, i need to apply for visitors visa extension explaining why. And all my documents and my expired copr needs to send to manila philippines to get another copr and again explanation is needed.detailed by detailed. I am in implied status for now. Dont wait till your copr expired.
Hey, I hope you’re sorted! I recently got in to this mess but its been 3 days and I found out they made this error to our arrival.
Please help how did you fix this and the steps to take. What will be the right and only step to resolve ASAP?

iwick

Jul 10, 2021
Hey, I hope you’re sorted! I recently got in to this mess but its been 3 days and I found out they made this error to our arrival.
Please help how did you fix this and the steps to take. What will be the right and only step to resolve ASAP?
Didyou
Hi all,

I landed today and got a copy of COPR with my signature only. There is no signature from immigration officer. Is this normal? They did put a stamp in passport.

Please share your experience.
Hi Sommh, My wife is having the same issue. COPR Client copy stamped but not signature by the immigration officer. Passport is stamped though. May I know how you fixed it?

markagpaoa

Mar 10, 2022
Hello..Any news how to fix the problem with the no signature of immigration officer on COPR because i got the same problem

rehsan

May 9, 2023
can someone provide an Update on what happened in their situation . Going through a similar situation with my mom

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
can someone provide an Update on what happened in their situation . Going through a similar situation with my mom
Was her COPR stamped? Did she ever present it to immigration? Did she actually finish her landing process but just missing the signature?
Has her COPR expired?

If she had land and her COPR stamped, she can go back to the CBSA office to try to get the signature. If she never present her COPR and it has expired, then she will need to apply her PR from scratch. Try to contact her MP to see if there can be any help.... I hope it isn't her case.

rehsan

May 9, 2023
Was her COPR stamped? Did she ever present it to immigration? Did she actually finish her landing process but just missing the signature?
Has her COPR expired?

If she had land and her COPR stamped, she can go back to the CBSA office to try to get the signature. If she never present her COPR and it has expired, then she will need to apply her PR from scratch. Try to contact her MP to see if there can be any help.... I hope it isn't her case.
Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me. My mom didn’t present it to the officer as she wasn’t sure about the counters where she was taken and no one asked for the document at all even after seeing her passport. she thought that she has to show it when an officer asks for it . She is almost 70 and doesn’t speak English and also needs wheelchair assistance so was relying on the staff who was helping her. So basically, her CoPR wasn’t checked at all . Her passport wasn’t stamped either. I am not exactly sure what happened.
I tried contacting ircc but couldn’t get a hold of an agent and raised a web form but they haven’t got back to me yet due to higher volume of messages. I was really worried and felt lost on what to do. But thanks to this forum , I did get a clue and tried reaching the border services and immigration dept at Pearson Intl airport which was her PoE . They have asked her to come and get it filled out . Her document is still valid until oct and so is her medical so hopefully it will all get sorted out.

Reactions: YVR123