+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No reply or update after informing CIC of my status change

dola222

Mar 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have applied for Permanent Residence via Express Entry and got ITA. I have submitted all the required documents and received AOR on 13th April 2017.

Recently, I got married and I have informed CIC of my status change on 19th May 2017 through this form :
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

They sent me a confirmation mail that they received my request and they would reply within 10 business days. However, till now I have not heard back from them at all. I expected that they would ask me to send them the marriage document and ask my wife for medicals and passport, but they did not reply at all.

Now, my application status is like this: (It has not changed at all after I received my AOR).

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Should I send another request to CIC to inform them about my marital status change? or what should I do?

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Any advice ?
As per current trends, its taking CIC around 4-6 weeks to process additional enquiries. So wait is the only answer here I guess.
Also hopefully this change does not affect your CRS score. It might be a problem then.

dola222

Mar 1, 2017
As per current trends, its taking CIC around 4-6 weeks to process additional enquiries. So wait is the only answer here I guess.
Also hopefully this change does not affect your CRS score. It might be a problem then.
Thank you for your reply.
Well, Since this change is after I have received AOR, then it should not affect my CRS score. Am I right?

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Yes, it is alright as long as you inform IRCC about your marriage ASAP
You can add your spouse to the existing application. Include proof of marriage, spouse's medicals, PCC, additional proof of funds (if applicable), application fees for spouse along with 'Additional Family Information Form'. IRCC typically takes anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to add your spouse to the current application.

Timapu

Oct 16, 2017
Dear Dola,

Wanted to know about what happened to your case did you received a response from CIC.
Mine is a similar case.

I received and ITA in April 2017 and accordingly submitted all the relevant documents on 14th July 2017. I got married on 11th August 2017 and informed CIC on 20th August 2017(once I received marriage certificate) about my marital status , however yet haven't received and response from CIC (other then the acknowledgement of my request).
I received PPR request last week of September 2017 and accordingly I sent the passport the Delhi Visa office of Canada and got my Visa on passport .

Till date I have sent request to CIC about change in my marital status 3 times (20th August 2017, 21 September 2017 and on 13th October 2017), on the following link ,
however I haven't received any response from CIC (other then the automated acknowledgement about my request ). Please advice as to what I need to do as I don't want my visa to be revoked for no fault of mine.

Hello everyone,

I have applied for Permanent Residence via Express Entry and got ITA. I have submitted all the required documents and received AOR on 13th April 2017.

Recently, I got married and I have informed CIC of my status change on 19th May 2017 through this form :

They sent me a confirmation mail that they received my request and they would reply within 10 business days. However, till now I have not heard back from them at all. I expected that they would ask me to send them the marriage document and ask my wife for medicals and passport, but they did not reply at all.

Now, my application status is like this: (It has not changed at all after I received my AOR).

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Should I send another request to CIC to inform them about my marital status change? or what should I do?

om.awasthi.in

Aug 7, 2016
Dear Dola,

Wanted to know about what happened to your case did you received a response from CIC.
Mine is a similar case.

I received and ITA in April 2017 and accordingly submitted all the relevant documents on 14th July 2017. I got married on 11th August 2017 and informed CIC on 20th August 2017(once I received marriage certificate) about my marital status , however yet haven't received and response from CIC (other then the acknowledgement of my request).
I received PPR request last week of September 2017 and accordingly I sent the passport the Delhi Visa office of Canada and got my Visa on passport .

Till date I have sent request to CIC about change in my marital status 3 times (20th August 2017, 21 September 2017 and on 13th October 2017), on the following link ,
however I haven't received any response from CIC (other then the automated acknowledgement about my request ). Please advice as to what I need to do as I don't want my visa to be revoked for no fault of mine.

Dear Dola,

Can you let us know what happened post that did you receive any reply from CIC.

shots

Nov 27, 2017
Dear Dola,

Mine is a similar case.

My case is also same . What did in this case ?? I would be very grateful if you would help me out .thanks

Usmanjamil

Oct 13, 2014
Hello everyone,

Hi Brother,

I am also going thru more or less same issue.

its been 7 weeks 3 days since i sent them form for change in marital status and addition of my wife as non-accompanying family member.

until now, didn't hear anything from them.

how long it took in your case ?