+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No reply from IRCC - Adding Newborn after CoPR (now expired)

VictoriousNik

Jan 21, 2020
My CoPR was expired in January 2022. I sent the documents to IRCC through a webform to add my newborn to the application before CoPR was expired. I received a reply from them saying that they have verified the information forwarded that to the responsible office. It's been 5 months, I haven't heard anything from IRCC. I haven't followed up even once during this time. Any thoughts on the timeline?

Mar 2, 2020
My CoPR was expired in January 2022. I sent the documents to IRCC through a webform to add my newborn to the application before CoPR was expired. I received a reply from them saying that they have verified the information forwarded that to the responsible office. It's been 5 months, I haven't heard anything from IRCC. I haven't followed up even once during this time. Any thoughts on the timeline?
Did your application go forward? I will be in this situation very soon (baby birth is due next month and we have just got our COPR).

VictoriousNik

Jan 21, 2020
Did your application go forward? I will be in this situation very soon (baby birth is due next month and we have just got our COPR).
No, I heard they are taking a year to process such requests. I am not in a hurry to move to Canada anyway, so it works fine for me. But, still it will give me some peace of mind if they reopen my application.

Mar 2, 2020
No, I heard they are taking a year to process such requests. I am not in a hurry to move to Canada anyway, so it works fine for me. But, still it will give me some peace of mind if they reopen my application.
I think it will take less than that. Everything was taking very long before, but it seems that IRCC is catching up now. If possible update your situation here please, so I can follow up. I will do the same. Good luck

VictoriousNik

Jan 21, 2020
I think it will take less than that. Everything was taking very long before, but it seems that IRCC is catching up now. If possible update your situation here please, so I can follow up. I will do the same. Good luck
I really hope they process it quicker than that. I will post here when I have an update.

Vibicesss87

May 25, 2022
When did you inform IRCC through cse web form ?

We are, my husband and I, quite in same situation.
Newborn arrived on March 27th 2022
Copr about to expire on June 18th 2022
IRCC not answearinge...

netcaf

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
2022.07.11 baby born
2022.08.05 Sent collected documents for adding child through webform.

Until now, no GU, no update, my child's information doesn't appear on CIC account.
I'm feeling so anxious about it.

Vibicesss

May 25, 2022
2022.07.11 baby born

Until now, no GU, no update, my child's information doesn't appear on CIC account.
We raised cse web form on april 26th, 2022 and submitted baby docs. We received an ADR on July13th.

Vibicesss

May 25, 2022
How did go at the end of the day?
Plenty of emails and cse web forms from april 26th to june 4th.
Our CoPR expired on june 18th.
We received an additionnal Doc request on July13th : re remedical for all family + our PCCs + baby passeport.
Med passed on August 15th
GU1 August 23th

Nothin since that day

m2can

Jun 4, 2019
Hi guys, same issue here.

Got CoPR on 2nd July and a baby on 29th July.

Informed IRCC with the birth certificate on 9th August, no response.

Yesterday raised one more cse webform with the baby's passport, birth certificate again and a photo.

Awaiting instructions from them on what to do. But no response from them. Should be a month in 1st week sept.

Please keep me posted on what replies you get. Thanks

netcaf

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
2022.07.11 baby born

Update:
2022.08.25 Medical Request
2022.08.28 Do Medical Examination