+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No reference letter from previous work

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
Hello, Everyone.

I am about to submit my application for PR thru Canadian Experience Class. But here's the hard part of it. I am a skilled worker and I've got my letter of reference from my current employer. But before I was working at fast food restaurant and they refused to give me a letter. After KFC I went to work as a framer I was building houses, but that employer never employed me he just payed me by regular paychecks with no payroll, but at that time I was on my open work permit so I did my taxes just with my bank statement. And then he gave me an LMO for drywaller, by the time I received my new work permit next day i quit because he didn't pay me and didn't have job at that time. He got mad that I quit because he gave me LMO. So now I need that letter of reference from him, but there is no way I call him and if I would there is NO chances he would give one. How should I explain why I have no reference letter from him???

One more question:
Is it bad that in application schedule 8 Canadian experience class I said that I was working as a framer, not as a drywaller(He gave me LMO for a drywaller). At that time I have had Open work permit and even when I got new work permit as a drywaller my old open work permit still was valid. But I quit right away, I didn't work as a drywaller for him. And just like 5 months after I got new work permit for other company as a drywaller and now have been working for them more than 13 months.

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Alius said:
Hello, Everyone.

I am about to submit my application for PR thru Canadian Experience Class. But here's the hard part of it. I am a skilled worker and I've got my letter of reference from my current employer. But before I was working at fast food restaurant and they refused to give me a letter. After KFC I went to work as a framer I was building houses, but that employer never employed me he just payed me by regular paychecks with no payroll, but at that time I was on my open work permit so I did my taxes just with my bank statement. And then he gave me an LMO for drywaller, by the time I received my new work permit next day i quit because he didn't pay me and didn't have job at that time. He got mad that I quit because he gave me LMO. So now I need that letter of reference from him, but there is no way I call him and if I would there is NO chances he would give one. How should I explain why I have no reference letter from him???

One more question:
Is it bad that in application schedule 8 Canadian experience class I said that I was working as a framer, not as a drywaller(He gave me LMO for a drywaller). At that time I have had Open work permit and even when I got new work permit as a drywaller my old open work permit still was valid. But I quit right away, I didn't work as a drywaller for him. And just like 5 months after I got new work permit for other company as a drywaller and now have been working for them more than 13 months.
If you can obtain reference letter from any past employer just explain that in the letter . You dont have to give the full story just say that the employer refused to provide one nut make sure that you have one letter from a company where you have atleast worked 1 year for you to be eligible.

Alius

Oct 28, 2013
sabidhawan said:
If you can obtain reference letter from any past employer just explain that in the letter . You dont have to give the full story just say that the employer refused to provide one nut make sure that you have one letter from a company where you have atleast worked 1 year for you to be eligible.
I know that I have to attach explanation, my questio is what should I say I mean why I don't have it. One employer refused to give it, but another one just will not give and I don't even want to talk to that guy, cause he cost me a lot of problems he is just a shady person

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Just write that both of the refused to provide it . they never follow up with employers to ask why they did not provide the letter .