+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Record of Landing? "Became PR On" not filled in?

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
Hi guys,

I just did my landing yesterday, and after a 5 hour wait and tired eyes it looks like I missed some things. The lady that processed my landing didn't fill the date in under "Became P.R. On" on my COPR that she gave me. The paper is signed, so there are dates on the document, but nothing at the top where it says "Became P.R. On".

Any ideas on what I should do?
I'm guessing that's not something I'm supposed to fill on my own, is it?

Thanks!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
ib90 said:
Hi guys,

I just did my landing yesterday, and after a 5 hour wait and tired eyes it looks like I missed some things. The lady that processed my landing didn't give me a Record of Landing, and she didn't fill the date in under "Became P.R. On" on my COPR that she gave me. The paper is signed, so there are dates on the document, but nothing at the top where says "Became P.R. On".

Any ideas on what I should do?
I'm guessing that's not something I'm supposed to fill on my own, is it?

Thanks!
Record of Landing is not in use anymore. Signed COPR is the only document you're getting at the time of landing.

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
pfse said:
Record of Landing is not in use anymore. Signed COPR is the only document you're getting at the time of landing.
got it, thanks. Any clue about 'Became PR On' ?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ib90 said:
Go to service Canada by tomorrow. If you can get new sin number, which mean you will be ok.:)

All the best

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
ib90 said:
I would not worry about it as long as CIC has right date in their database. Check your ECAS, it should change to "Became PR on date ****" in next few days. Check that the date is right. I don't really remember if an officer put something in this field in may COPR.

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
They didn't let me get a sin unfortunately.
I got on the phone with the CIC and they asked me to wait until the 26th before I call back.
My ECAS hasn't updated yet, but I imagine it'll be a few business days anyway.

I'm wondering if I should drive down to the border again and ask there...

vikasshr

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
19 Feb 2016
Interview........
RRPF paid Upfront
Passport Req..
18 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-Apr 2016
LANDED..........
30-Apr 2016
ib90 said:
They didn't let me get a sin unfortunately.
I got on the phone with the CIC and they asked me to wait until the 26th before I call back.
My ECAS hasn't updated yet, but I imagine it'll be a few business days anyway.

I'm wondering if I should drive down to the border again and ask there...
Go to service canada and try for SIN first..

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
Oh that's what I mean - Service Canada didn't let me get a sin.

Sorry if I was unclear.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
I had the exact same situation, with other fields on COPR left blank as well... I did not have problems getting SIN, but I was advised to request formal amendment of COPR (there is an application kit for this) to have papers in order, you never know when someone might be picky and cause you trouble later.
Which I did, but it took almost 6 months to get the amendment approved. Unfortunately that is the typical timeframe, currently.

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
bubulici said:
I had the exact same situation, with other fields on COPR left blank as well... I did not have problems getting SIN, but I was advised to request formal amendment of COPR (there is an application kit for this) to have papers in order, you never know when someone might be picky and cause you trouble later.
Which I did, but it took almost 6 months to get the amendment approved. Unfortunately that is the typical timeframe, currently.
Yikes. My work permit expires in 3 months.
Did you get your PR card okay, or was that delayed because of this issue as well?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Use Specific Case Enquiry, look for Request amendment of record of landing.

Prepare a explanatory letter with copy of COPR and any other document (passport entry stamp).

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Try to get a SIN again at Service Canada, perhaps with a different person you'll be luckier.

Otherwise, wait until get PR cards.

Your WP expiration doesn't matter, because your COPR should be a valid document, however your temporary SIN will expire, only problem could be if your company is tracking it and ask for a new SIN, just explain the problem.

ib90

Mar 18, 2016
Hey guys!

So after talking to the third CIC officer over the phone, and sending an email as well, I have this information to share with anybody who might face the same situation in the future:

1) Via email I was told that my PR card was being processed and that my status was confirmed as a PR. As such, I should be able to walk in with my COPR and passport to get my SIN.

2) Via phone call I was told that my landing was in fact recorded correctly, and that my PR card was being processed. The gentleman on the phone told me that since my COPR was dated and signed, and my passport was stamped, I can "just fill in the field" myself.

I'm planning on going in to get my SIN with the printed email first, and try to get my SIN that way, and follow up with an amendment to COPR after I get my PR card. I don't want my PR card to be delayed because I apply for an amendment, just in case.

Thanks for all your various suggestions!

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
ib90 said:
Yikes. My work permit expires in 3 months.
Did you get your PR card okay, or was that delayed because of this issue as well?
yeah, the PR card came. BUT, when after you submit the amendment kit to CIC (IMM 1436), then get it all sorted ouot in ~ 6 months, they will ask you to send your PR card to them to be reissued because of the amendment of the COPR which is the basis of PR card. crazy!

I would absolutely, definitely, not write anything on the paper myself no matter what. You should submit IMM1436 ASAP, regardless of the other things, because they only ask for copies, not originals!

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hey guys!

So after talking to the third CIC officer over the phone, and sending an email as well, I have this information to share with anybody who might face the same situation in the future:

1) Via email I was told that my PR card was being processed and that my status was confirmed as a PR. As such, I should be able to walk in with my COPR and passport to get my SIN.

2) Via phone call I was told that my landing was in fact recorded correctly, and that my PR card was being processed. The gentleman on the phone told me that since my COPR was dated and signed, and my passport was stamped, I can "just fill in the field" myself.

I'm planning on going in to get my SIN with the printed email first, and try to get my SIN that way, and follow up with an amendment to COPR after I get my PR card. I don't want my PR card to be delayed because I apply for an amendment, just in case.

Thanks for all your various suggestions!
thank you for sharing this valuable information about record of landing. can you please tell me how long did it take before your application completely processed?

thanks