+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO PR card, need to travel

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Dear all,

I received PR cards in first week of December but had to send them back due to an error in the citizenship mentioned on the card. ( Apparently, they haven't got working on that "batch" of returned cards yet...)

We had booked for travel by mid-January, but no sign of the re-issued PR cards. Contacted IRCC, and was advised to get Immigration document from the country I am to enter Canada from; contacted CBSA, who advised I could apply for exceptional eTA ( since I do not need a visa to enter Canada), but ETA is unlikely, as the system would recognize that PR has been issued.
Any idea as to how long it would take to obtain a travel document from the UK ( if I were to apply this week)?

Any other recourse- the trip is important to us, and is only for 3 days.

Any advice is helpful.
Yours sincerely

PeeGee

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
1. You can't apply for PR Travel Document from within Canada. You have to apply from UK after you leave Canada.
2. It is very unlikely to get it approved in 3 days except if you have a reason for an urgent processing which is not guaranteed to be accepted and processed given you only have 3 days.
3. Your other option is to travel to the US and cross the border to Canada with your passport and CoPR.
Good Luck!

Reactions: scylla

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Thanks for that info. In other words, I do not need the PR card, if I enter from the US, but would the case still apply if I flew in (used a commercial carrier like an airline)?
Kind regards
PeeGee

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for that info. In other words, I do not need the PR card, if I enter from the US, but would the case still apply if I flew in (used a commercial carrier like an airline)?
Kind regards
PeeGee
The issue is not whether CBSA would have any issues with you landing without your PR card and only with your COPR.

The issue here is whether the airline would even let you board the plane in the first place.