+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No PR card for my express entry

angela.mikrov

Dec 13, 2017
Hi guys,

So i filled out my express entry application myself and included that my sister currently lives in canada and has PR. i got my ITA but unfortunately, my sisters PR card has not come and shes been in canada for over 6 months. do I need to wait for it to attach it or can i just upload the Confirmation of PR status document twice? I also have to upload her birth cert, proof of address and proof of residency in canada, but the PR card is really what is holding me right now.

my time is ticking as my police certificates which are valid for only 3 months are ticking.

What do you think?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
FYI, No police certificate is valid for only 3 months. For IRCC purposes, all police certificates are valid for at least 6 months from the issue date even if they have an expiry date that is less than or more than that.
For other documents, wait till few days before the end of the 90 days then upload what you have including CoPR, birth certificate, etc along with an explanation letter.
Good luck!

angela.mikrov

Dec 13, 2017
did not know that about the expiry dates of the police certificates. thanks alot.

i guess I will wait until she has it, just to be safe. I dont want to to explain anything. I just want all the documents to be complete and speak for themselves.