+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No PPR issued before COPR ?

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi All,

As per the latest updates from IRCC, I am unclear about one update- is PPR not issued before COPR, in other words, is COPR directly issued without PPR ?

Any inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Joe

Reactions: avinashn

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Thanks @BillyWescott.

I am from India, and as I am aware, we require Visa to enter Canada.
As far as next steps are concerned after the application is approved, its listed on the website that IRCC will issue -
1. COPR
2. PR Visa

I have known that folks have received PPR request post that they receive their COPR. So, not sure what is the new update in this regard. Any supporting inputs will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Joe

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi All,

As per the latest updates from IRCC, I am unclear about one update- is PPR not issued before COPR, in other words, is COPR directly issued without PPR ?

Any inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Joe
@Joe110 I think I missed this update from IRCC. Can you please give me the link to it? I am an Indian living in the US. I want to check if I'll be eligible for this.

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Where are you from? If you are from a visa exempt country they directly issue the COPR.
@BillyWescott - is this a recent change or has been around in the past as well? From my GCMS notes my application was approved 8 months ago...now my medicals also expired even though it doesn't reflect in the portal. One thing I'm afraid of is travelling to India for few months and not being able to submit the passport when I get PPR request.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
@BillyWescott - is this a recent change or has been around in the past as well? From my GCMS notes my application was approved 8 months ago...now my medicals also expired even though it doesn't reflect in the portal. One thing I'm afraid of is travelling to India for few months and not being able to submit the passport when I get PPR request.
It's always been like that for visa exempt candidates. We never needed and still don't need to send our passports because we don't need a visa to travel to Canada.

For countries that require a visa I would assume you would need to get the visa reissued with the COPR so it seems odd that they are not doing it.

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
It's always been like that for visa exempt candidates. We never needed and still don't need to send our passports because we don't need a visa to travel to Canada.

For countries that require a visa I would assume you would need to get the visa reissued with the COPR so it seems odd that they are not doing it.
Okay. Thanks for the clarification.