+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO PPR after 206 days...what to do...please suggest

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Hi Members,
I applied for PR in April and it has been 206 days and I still don't have the PPR.
Below is my timeline.

25th Jan - ITA
8th April - Medicals
8th April - AOR
14th June - Additional documents requested
21st July - Additional documents provided.
20th Sep - GCMS -1 requested
23rd Oct - CSE(1) raised
25th Oct - GCMS -2 requested
28th Oct - GCMS (1)received (notes generated on 26th September)
28th Oct - CSE(2) raised
31st Oct - Response on CSE(1) standard reply - Application is still in progress

GCMS Notes(1) :
Medical : Cleared
Eligibility : Cleared
Criminality : Not started
Security : Not started
Visa office : Ottawa.

The application has not been touched after 11th July- its been 3 months

Current status of the application
Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: No additional document needed
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am frustrated and have no idea what to do over here. Does any one has any suggestion??

smile17

Oct 12, 2017
I'm so sorry for what you've been through, and I do share your frustration, anxiety and whatever sentiment you're having at present. With that being said, I'm not an expert in this regard either, but happened to learn from other posts that you could contact a MP in your region if you're currently residing in Canada. Just be resilient and postive.

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
I'm so sorry for what you've been through, and I do share your frustration, anxiety and whatever sentiment you're having at present. With that being said, I'm not an expert in this regard either, but happened to learn from other posts that you could contact a MP in your region if you're currently residing in Canada. Just be resilient and postive.
I am not in Canada...Should i still write to some MP? or the immigration minister ?

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Members,
I applied for PR in April and it has been 206 days and I still don't have the PPR.
Below is my timeline.

25th Jan - ITA
8th April - Medicals
8th April - AOR
14th June - Additional documents requested
21st July - Additional documents provided.
20th Sep - GCMS -1 requested
23rd Oct - CSE(1) raised
25th Oct - GCMS -2 requested
28th Oct - GCMS (1)received (notes generated on 26th September)
28th Oct - CSE(2) raised
31st Oct - Response on CSE(1) standard reply - Application is still in progress

GCMS Notes(1) :
Medical : Cleared
Eligibility : Cleared
Criminality : Not started
Security : Not started
Visa office : Ottawa.

The application has not been touched after 11th July- its been 3 months

Current status of the application
Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: No additional document needed
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am frustrated and have no idea what to do over here. Does any one has any suggestion??
Check your second set of GCMs notes to see if your file was refered to extensive security check. If it was the case, it’ll explain the long wait.

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
What they say?
it's a pretty standard response. Your application is in progress.
We try to complete 80% of application in 6 months.Sometimes it takes more time.
please wait , if the officer requires anything , we will get back to you.

YOF2015

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Respected Members

I received my 1st PPR mail dated July 14th asking for the submission of passports through VFS. We did so along with the passport of my newly born son on July 17th at VFS Bangalore. Later on the required documents of my son were also uploaded through the online portal and he was issued UCI number after 3 months.

On Oct 26th we received another PPR mail asking to submit our passports which is in fact already submitted through VFS Bangalore and is being shown as per VFS website as being processed at NDVO. AS suggested by VFS, I enquired with New Delhi High Commission regarding our case thru the general enquiry email and next day itself got a reply saying that ours is a file number which refers to a case at the Consulate General of Canada in Bangalore and as advised I raised a CSE through web form directed to Bangalore office.

The very next day I got a reply from Bangalore office that the file number provided refers to a case at the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi and they also asked me to raise a CSE to NDVO which I did. I haven’t heard from NDVO since. All 3 passports are already submitted through VFS and is shown as being processed at New Delhi office from VFS website. What do I do??? Do I have to go to VFS just to submit the 2nd PPR mail so that I get the stamped passports back rather than both the Visa offices directing me to the other??? PLS HELP….