+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No option C, am i ok ??

lenos

Mar 12, 2010
Hi, sponsoring spouse from outside canada, i donot have option C since i shall not file my tax return, have not been living nor working in Canada for years but am working outside canada with less then $1000 income per month ( no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, so i guess i am ok ), i was also told its fine with no option C but i was also told it may cause problems or even delay my sponsorship application without having option C, is that true ??
Will i be 100% ok with CIC without option C ??

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I also had no income so did not file a tax return and had no Option C. I wrote an explanation and this was acceptable to CIC.

LOUIE_1981

Mar 10, 2010
Hey lenos I am in the exact situation as you are, been living in spain for 3 years, and My friend his an accountant so he told I can do your taxes but its going to be blank, so I decided to right a letter stating, That i WORK where i work address and my hours per week and how much I make in a month and convert it to canadian dollars just for the sake of it.

I think you have to explain what you are doing outside of canada and that you are supporting your family and i dont think it will be a problem, because there is a section that asks you what are your plans on returning to canada? and you have some options, rent, school, job offer.

thats what I have, job offer plus i have my family and my dads retired a little sick, so this is my case, thats what i am explaning, try to show them as much information as you can but in a direct clear way, dont write them a 20 page letter, just a brief statement why you dont have an opcion c and what are doing outside of canada.

thats what i am doing, so good luck ;D

lenos

Mar 12, 2010
Thank you all for your reply and info.
I do get paid cash teaching english to whoever is interested to learn, work on my own.
I shall write in a letter as you all suggested in your reply but what if CIC asks for prove of income or employment letter ??
That is my worry, i donot have any prove and that is why is it better for me to declare my Tax Return which i rather not ???
Any suggestion ???
Thanks